• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Global Model Runs Discussion 2017

I find it interesting that JB yesterday posting pics of hurricane running up the EC and then today Ryan stating limited hurricane activity.... seems the example of the 2 extremes to me. Appears he is basing this tweet entirely on the EPS

Maue.jpg

I find it interesting that JB yesterday posting pics of hurricane running up the EC and then today Ryan stating limited hurricane activity.... seems the example of the 2 extremes to me. Appears he is basing this tweet entirely on the EPS

Maue.jpg

But if you look at the gefs and the Canadian ensembles . They look rather meh as well. Sure there are a few members of each that develop but nothing overwhelming .

The Canadian ensembles aren't near as excited as the CMc

Plus JB was using the CFSV2 !!!!!! I mean that's like using the JMA for a day ten blizzard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you look at the gefs and the Canadian ensembles . They look rather meh as well. Sure there are a few members of each that develop but nothing overwhelming .

The Canadian ensembles aren't near as excited as the CMc

Plus JB was using the CFSV2 !!!!!! I mean that's like using the JMA for a day ten blizzard

Intensity wise yes but track wise it there is some support for a possible US visit (although a weak system if a system at all). You, I and everyone on here knows that JB's tweet is bs using the CFSV2 but to the general public that read it all they saw was a massive storm on the EC and Ryan is more accurate no doubt but too early to dismiss it altogether as well.

Personally I like your tweet better, very active but no immediate threat to US.... active yes, keep an eye on it yes, need to worry no. Good job take the jet for a spin :cool:

For the record , I'm not saying Ryan is correct . Just stating the obvious when it comes to his way of forecasting vs the way JB does it

I say we all gulf coasters, is about to run out of luck soon. Just an uneducated guess.

Too bad we can't just have one storm at a time. If we get 10 to form soon, I will be writing 2 articles at the same time and tracking the model instances for 2 storms. At least Gert is on its last day I think.

Maue.jpg

Hyping events like hurricanes are not a good idea 8 to 10 days out w/how poorly models handle weather that far out. For now...I would take a weaker solution of what the CMC is putting out for the GOM.

A third system behind Nine and 92L is looking less and less likely for now, and the CMC by the way was picking up activity from that wave north of Haiti and the Dominican Republic.

Wanna see some divergence?
Click here and go to "Loop Models by Day" in the upper left (pink) and hit day 7:
https://ruc.noaa.gov/hfip/tcgen/
Pick a model, roll 2 dice ...

If I had a dollar
for every ace I've drawn
I could arm a town
The size of Abilene ...

Last edited:
And the NHC only has it at 70%. Probably because of the ULL to its north and the dry air hammering it. Any scans show anything?
I was just fixing to get to sleep -- been a real long day. Will check with eyes and mind more wide open before Mr. Sol gets up ...

Back