• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Fright Night Halloween Week Severe Obs

Don’t think it’s been done before but I’m going to release a rare early advance tornado watch with a few tornado warnings around 10pm tonight to see how close they come to verifying based on guidance. I know the Moore Oklahoma tornado was warned before it even developed. Let’s see if any skill can be used to determine this 12+ hours out for our area. Would a longer tornado watch notice benefit the public if the NWS did this? Or do you prefer shorter notices the day of? This is experimental.

There was a guy who did that and he was shunned from the community. Even the NWS had to put a statement out that he is in no way affiliated with them. His products were made to mimick official forecasts though.

Yea mine will be with paint and read “This is a soft Tornado Warning for...”. I wish the government would start, I mean you gotta start somewhere even if it’s 5% skill. I’ll put mine in whammy thread only
Lead times are usually pretty good with Watches. If you're going to go ahead and issue warnings for now, then different story. Zero skill in that. Zero.

Yea mine will be with paint and read “This is a soft Tornado Warning for...”. I wish the government would start, I mean you gotta start somewhere even if it’s 5% skill. I’ll put mine in whammy thread only
My advice: Don't play something you aren't. It only will result in catastrophe.

This is reckless, if even one of your "soft warnings" gets out and is misunderstood by an individual (you know not everyone follows, understands, lives weather like we do.... we're a small percentage), but if that happens and then it's a fail. Guess what, the next time a real warning is issued they may not listen. It's stupid and the idea that NWS should do something such as that is even more stupid. Come on birdman

true maybe just a watch. I just find it crazy a tornado warming was issued with not a cloud in the sky in Moore or nearby.

I could code name it potato dumpling Warning in banter for research purposes that would not receive shares.
Here we go, ENH risk for the area!
day2otlk_1730.gif

Due to the upgrade of a sig. event I won’t be issuing any watch or warning tonight.

Dude, I just did that 1 second above you.
He just likes to post it so he can say Level this or that instead of the official terminology. Either way, the dynamics certainly support it. Could see an expansion, if we get breaka in the clouds.

He just likes to post it so he can say Level this or that instead of the official terminology. Either way, the dynamics certainly support it. Could see an expansion, if we get breaka in the clouds.
Ok...

I didn't see it posted before I did. Guess we were posting the map at the the same time.

But the official terminology is faulty.

I didn't see it posted before I did. Guess we were posting the map at the the same time.

But the official terminology is faulty.
They should have stayed with Slight, Moderate, High. That's easier for the general public to remember and follow. An arbitrary number is as useless as Enhanced vs. Moderate. If you use the number system, you have to say Level 2 of 5. But that still doesn't really give great context because there are so many levels. What how much more likely is severe weather at Level 3 than level 2? Should have just kept slgt, mod, hi.

WRAL saying the storms shouldn't start around here until after 8 pm, and it should be okay for trick-or-treating tomorrow night. I hope they are right.

FB_IMG_1572461178157.jpg

They should have stayed with Slight, Moderate, High. That's easier for the general public to remember and follow. An arbitrary number is as useless as Enhanced vs. Moderate. If you use the number system, you have to say Level 2 of 5. But that still doesn't really give great context because there are so many levels. What how much more likely is severe weather at Level 3 than level 2? Should have just kept slgt, mod, hi.
Non of the 12z NAMs, look impressive at all for severe. Just boring Fropa

Back