• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

I wouldn’t sleep on that wave after completely yet, it’s working with a crap pac/ridge to its west but a few members are actually a bit close with it now F3E614ED-D579-416E-9EC7-1567D7346896.pngB8481C40-99E4-4EC1-95D2-D02BE24A8524.png0A507E3B-128F-429B-8403-1350938E6A4A.gif052125BC-AD86-40FD-96A3-B3C4FD531128.gif

Im new to all of these models and stuff, but is there any chance a high pressure could come in ALOT colder than expected? Or is it usually always pretty accurate within a few degrees.
I’ve lived in northern Spartanburg county, Spartanburg, and Gaffney SC which is prime CAD region in SC and I’ve always seen it over perform bc the CAD is under estimated, and lasts much longer and colder generally anywhere from 2-4 degrees at go time. I like the NAM to tell me the temperature profiles but it is almost a bet that whatever falls in the upstate is going to be freezing rain.

I’ve lived in northern Spartanburg county, Spartanburg, and Gaffney SC which is prime CAD region in SC and I’ve always seen it over perform bc the CAD is under estimated, and lasts much longer and colder generally anywhere from 2-4 degrees at go time. I like the NAM to tell me the temperature profiles but it is almost a bet that whatever falls in the upstate is going to be freezing rain.
I agree 100%. I have seen it happen many.many times. And yep Spartanburg and Cherokee counties are by far the best counties in SC for CAD.

Hmm...surprised no one is tracking the Mtn/Virginia snow for Monday night. If GFS para is anywhere close to right, there would be major implications to CAD two days later for North Carolina piedmont. The teens (dew point) would surely come if a big snow pack is realized. Our cad wind would be blowing right over fresh snow in Virginia and other areas to our north-east. We need them to over perform. Thoughts @Myfrotho704_

I just want a few paid days off work. Lol. I really hope this produces for a large segment of the board. I also hope that hospitals are prepared for power outages. This really isn't the best time to get a major ZR storm but we need something to get our minds off this year.

When you say a good sign is it a good sign for upstate SC as well or are you just referring to your area in NC.
It's a good sign all the way into ne GA that the Temps have trended colder. Basically it's putting the upstate into play. But honestly below i85 will be a struggle as always. It's far enough from the mountains that Cad doesn't hang around that long and gets eroded quicker.

Back