• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Freezing Ferocious February

Lord I hope he's right ... ;)

Next chance is 2/17-20 IMO, so I agree more or less. Doesn’t mean it will work out, but that’s the period to watch so far at least for the upper SE, apps, NC of course. Goes without saying a LOT has to happen to get it going for those dates, but that’s the timeframe.

Last edited:
The greater SE has done pretty well compared to other areas such as DC and Northern Va. it could be worse.
232194ac4f1d67b4aa81ced9cc9fad6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro and GFS both have been showing on and off a chance for my area Sunday/ Monday. Euro looked good yesterday but has backed off atm. It would not take much for a good hit for me with this setup.

Webb,
In total honesty and with the utmost candor, no idea. o_O
Can you translate and bring it down to my kindergarten level?
Thanks! ;)
Best,
Phil

Essentially saying we have all the classic signals associated w/ a big MJO event, the Pacific jet is just not extending like we usually observe, it may be tied to the bgd state which isn't particular favorable for Pac Jet extension. The Pacific Jet not extending will change the downstream pattern over North America relative to what we often observe in phase 8.

Essentially saying we have all the classic signals associated w/ a big MJO event, the Pacific jet is just not extending like we usually observe, it may be tied to the bgd state which isn't particular favorable for Pac Jet extension. The Pacific Jet not extending will change the downstream pattern over North America relative to what we often observe in phase 8.
Thanks! Most appreciated, You're a gem! ;)

I think what folks want to know is if this is a cold signal or more warmth?

It's interesting to see the difference of opinion among folks here as well as on the local tv stations. Glenn Burns says spring begins after 2/14, Chris Holcomb (who I acutually trust more lol) said its warm the next week or maybe two but winter isn't over. lol. It's one heckuva showdown between stations this month! I have no clue what David is saying (I lost respect for him when he went off on folks a few days before the foot of snow saying its not happening, no snow is going to fall) and CBS 46 eh.. I take them with a grain of salt.

My vote goes to "Winter isn't over" meaning some cold shots are still likely and if they happen to meet up with precip well there ya go.

Anywho. 1.32" of rain today. Down to 39.4 this hour.

27935632_1963642430568434_1951671787_n.jpg

Of course we've heard many on here thrown in the towel and say winter cancel, etc...smh
We’ve seen quite a few of these posts from Mets, ( Cohen, JB , Ventrice, WxSouth, etc) about how cold February was going to be , as Storm stated, the Mid month, is now end of the month at best, and with the models and ensembles looking quite Torchy, the end of the month should be in question?

I think what folks want to know is if this is a cold signal or more warmth?
Sounds like he’s saying it’s going to cause the opposite effect of a normal phase 8 MJO, so that sounds like he’s saying warm, IMO

We've also heard many on here talk about how great this month was gonna be after the 10th, then the second week , now it's the last week

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
better than declaring it's over...in fact, what's worse, you may have been on both sides, depending on the day, LOL, j/lk

We’ve seen quite a few of these posts from Mets, ( Cohen, JB , Ventrice, WxSouth, etc) about how cold February was going to be , as Storm stated, the Mid month, is now end of the month at best, and with the models and ensembles looking quite Torchy, the end of the month should be in question?

The ensembles have looked torchy for weeks and it hasn't verified. The first week of February is solidly below normal, even a super torchy week would bring our temps to seasonal levels by mid-month.

Could be wrong but if anything "phase 8" esque occurs, it should bring BN temps to the east. Phase 8 seems to be what everyone is hoping for

That’s what’s odd. GEFS is the coldest model but has MJO stuck in 7 and EPS has it riding into
8-1 but is a blow torch the next 15 days with a below normal day here or there mixed in after a rain event.

06DF727E-73C6-4D2C-8ADF-F3CD693415D0.gif
82534D6C-547A-4335-857D-E4CE05C91C95.gif

470F8080-D7B7-48FB-8F84-4DFCCE315449.png Laying down the snowpack for Fab Feb 27th - March 10th , rocking pattern!

Back