• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

I like cold dont get me wrong but big HP like that in the past has lead to suppression so well see on a funny note my Farmers Almanac for 11th-15th says snow showers in the Carolinas blizzard conditions in the NE wonder what there algorithm is?
Would probably contribute to CAD. IDK about TN

Thats not really a warm nose. Just lacking a low level cold air source.
With more precipitation, it’s probably wet snow with 32-34F temps across the Piedmont. Kinda lame since I want a cold snow that actually accumulates efficiently, but better than nothing. However, we’d also be susceptible to being flooded with mid level WAA, then.

I think there’s potential with the first system, but the ceiling isn’t high. Hard to really even see a street sticker with it. Marginal temps, not a lot of precip...but maybe some slop for some. I wouldn’t bet on it, though. It’s probably going to trend to VA, anyways.

I like cold dont get me wrong but big HP like that in the past has lead to suppression so well see on a funny note my Farmers Almanac for 11th-15th says snow showers in the Carolinas blizzard conditions in the NE wonder what there algorithm is?
Didn't you hear? They use the Super Seasonal ICON model ran on LoganElliot99s laptop.

With more precipitation, it’s probably wet snow with 32-34F temps across the Piedmont. Kinda lame since I want a cold snow that actually accumulates efficiently, but better than nothing. However, we’d also be susceptible to being flooded with mid level WAA, then.

I think there’s potential with the first system, but the ceiling isn’t high. Hard to really even see a street sticker with it. Marginal temps, not a lot of precip...but maybe some slop for some. I wouldn’t bet on it, though. It’s probably going to trend to VA, anyways.
Honestly I think if we just got a little more cold push at 850mb and some heavier rates, that Sunday system would work for much of NC and northern SC. Like you said, it wouldn’t be a big storm, most likely a 1-3, 2-4 type deal with temps in the low to mid 30s, but that would be lot better than what many of us have seen in the last couple years.

If the GFS has a warm bias. Then technically Sunday could work. We just got to hope it’s not in Virginia tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back