• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Verbatim, the Euro actually looks better/more wintry than I expected. The snowpack to our north is likely really coming into play, getting rid of the marginal surface temp problems we've had all winter.
I honestly think in reality, the snowpack will be much more in play than what this model run showed. In this scenario, with a Winter storm that just moved through NC, it would enforce the cold air for the second storm.

Bottom line, we got the cold coming up, we have a shot after, in the meantime we just have to put more stock into ensembles and not cry over bad OP runs, we have a favorable pattern coming up, but there’s plenty of time between then and now, so changes will happen.

Classic CAD Mixed Bag Slop storm. I WANT PURE POWDER! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG! LET'S NOT WASTE THIS COLD AIR!
Look how the snow line runs horizontal until it gets to the Carolinas. Thanks, mountains.

All kidding aside, if we assume (big grain, I know) the synoptic details that the Euro is seeing are correct, you know CAD areas will be even colder than shown when we get to it.

Look how the snow line runs horizontal until it gets to the Carolinas. Thanks, mountains.

All kidding aside, if we assume (big grain, I know) the synoptic details that the Euro is seeing are correct, you know CAD areas will be even colder than shown when we get to it.
Good for nothing except for giving us solid 33 degree Cad rains.

Another thing to consider as well, nine out of ten times, the big low over the NE will slow down and trend westward with time.

I'm not sold we're in -zr full on for this storm.

Back