• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Cold and dry doesn't excite a lot of people haha

So you'd rather be in this endless, reoccurring nightmare of plenty of moisture but no cold air? These are the type of patterns that we actually score in. Let's look back to Feb 2014. Cold, suppressed storm tracks. And then, as always the NW trend concurred and we all cashed out. We have the cold... let the rest work itself out.

So you'd rather be in this endless, reoccurring nightmare of plenty of moisture but no cold air? These are the type of patterns that we actually score in. Let's look back to Feb 2014. Cold, suppressed storm tracks. And then, as always the NW trend concurred and we all cashed out. We have the cold... let the rest work itself out.
That's very true. You make a good point. If it doesn't snow I'd much rather take 60's so I can golf. But northwest trend does save us sometimes

Hopefully we can lock it in and not drop stuff out west
Certainly glad we’ve trending away from that the last 48 hours (western US dump) I’m more comfortable with that big block that we can squeeze things East

In fairness, they didn’t go in on the idea of major cold during the 1/15-24 timeframe like a lot of folks were and they were correct.

Right! They also said they weren’t warm enough for February for the East and Southeast a few days ago. Maybe they’ll be right but they are already backtracking on that statement. We’ll see how right they are soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's interesting to me is that Kyle Macritchie, who does mjo work for cpc, said to me that mjo hasn't even made it to the phase 7 yet, per hovmoller maps. He thought by mid February phase 8 then

You know we don’t have many Tennessee posters when people are complaining the gfs run was cold but dry. This storm is on Friday so less then a week out now.

View attachment 69682
Oh were here!!!! Looking forward to the next few weeks. Maybe west and middle tn can finally score a good event or 3. We are ready for it!!!

Right! They also said they weren’t warm enough for February for the East and Southeast a few days ago. Maybe they’ll be right but they are already backtracking on that statement. We’ll see how right they are soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well they weren’t right for everything about that time period... they said it would pretty much be a full on torch and that obviously never materialized

Back