• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

What is 0Z showing?
Basically, all of the models were a disaster last night if you want cold and snow in the SE. The 0z GFS gave the only hope, as it started to get cold around day 6. Then, guess what? The 6z went away from that.

Remember all those 1050+ highs? All gone.

All this business about this model moving toward that model is a bunch of bunk. Nothing is moving toward anything else. They have all been horrendous and have overdone the cold and the warmth in the LR.

We will be lucky to get solidly below normal for more than a day or two in the next 2 weeks. We'll probably continue to see weak CAD events with slop to rain west to east.

Maybe a few spots toward the western SE and far western Carolinas can pick up a legitimate icing event, but that's probably about it.

First half of Feb in the books.

Basically, all of the models were a disaster last night if you want cold and snow in the SE. The 0z GFS gave the only hope, as it started to get cold around day 6. Then, guess what? The 6z went away from that.

Remember all those 1050+ highs? All gone.

All this business about this model moving toward that model is a bunch of bunk. Nothing is moving toward anything else. They have all been horrendous and have overdone the cold and the warmth in the LR.

We will be lucky to get solidly below normal for more than a day or two in the next 2 weeks. We'll probably continue to see weak CAD events with slop to rain west to east.

Maybe a few spots toward the western SE and far western Carolinas can pick up a legitimate icing event, but that's probably about it.

First half of Feb in the books.
Yep winter looks to be over with pretty much nothing to see what a let down :(

Let me reiterate what I sort of jokingly said in the whamby thread last night:

Based off the way this winter has gone, it'd really surprise me if we don't flip back to being cold or "cold-ish". Now timing is a much better question.

Why?

Because we simply haven't had La Nina like conditions at all in this winter, even if it's largely been a monotonous grind.
Yeah this is very true. Oth, this La Niña certainly hasn’t forgotten that the SE US usually torches in Feb. The medium range keeps getting warmer and warmer with time...

Yeah this is very true. Oth, this La Niña certainly hasn’t forgotten that the SE US usually torches in Feb. The medium range keeps getting warmer and warmer with time...
Exactly cant stand la Nina's anymore and that's all we've been getting these past few years I don't understand it the climate has definitely changed and gotten warmer

gfs_asnow_us_65.png

I hope so, but like the map that @SD showed I’m afraid we will just be stuck under CAD. What’s up with all the CAD this year? Permanent high in the northeast ?

Bamwx hasn't posted anything really in a few days. Very interesting to me that we got a SSW that finally got cold over here, -nao, and ao and cant get cold. To me, its interesting. It should be especially interesting to people that know weather patterns really good.

Last edited:
Bamwx hasn't posted anything really in a few days. Very interesting to me that we got a SSW that finally got cold over here, -nao, and ao and cant get cold. To me, its interesting. It should be especially interesting to people that know weather patterns really good.
Called global warming. Better known as climate change face it its real. And watch the 12zgfs today start to cave to the euro

Back