• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

Sure would be nice to take advantage of the cold air after it moves in next weekend
0e798d6dca4a651021ebbe4ac2ac5fe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty much like the Feb 2014 storm and there would be more sleet mixed in than what the GFS shows. Too bad we are still 10-11 days away and this can easily trend towards a cutter as well.

Random question: What type of synoptic set up do we need to get some dense fog? I know we get it sometimes here in ATL with CAD but I remember in the past there would be multiple nights in row where it’d get so foggy that visibilities are reduced to 1/4 mile or less which made for some great photography...

Let me reiterate what I sort of jokingly said in the whamby thread last night:

Based off the way this winter has gone, it'd really surprise me if we don't flip back to being cold or "cold-ish". Now timing is a much better question.

Why?

Because we simply haven't had La Nina like conditions at all in this winter, even if it's largely been a monotonous grind.

I've got good news! We have surpassed the most -ao days for any winter on record. Congrats on people patiently waiting for our opportunity to experience this.

It has been awesome! But isn’t 2020-1 tied with 2009-10 for the record with two days of +AO?

By the way, the forecast is for sub -4 AO in about a week, the first time for that since Jan of 2016! The time before that was Dec of 2010 I think.

Really hope the gfs is rushing the front and we get something more similar to the icon and Euro. I could go for some warm weather next weekend, Euro was near 70

Back