• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

he’s probably thinking the extreme cold will suppress the moisture which is often the case in the south
The timing of the Pacific waves are very important. Getting everything to happen too early will allow for an Aleutian ridge, therefore lower heights to the east and west of a s/w, which again shears it out. So many minor details are not locked in, so don’t be surprised if this run doesn’t produce. If it does, I will admit it, and adjust my thinking.

Ass load of energy on the V16 . Looks like it’s gonna get crushed
16867e15c68f693de6eb3fef3cd3353c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the cold air doesn’t retreat before the storm. Then it be great to have cold here before hand to cool the ground temps

I really don’t think ground temps are going to be a problem if we do get a storm next week. Soil temps right now in the Piedmont and Upstate are basically right around 40 and we’re not looking at any multiple days of well above normal temperatures between now and the end of next week.

The only thing I’ll say is if it does get here earlier. The cold air might be lagging a bit meaning the storm may not produce as wide spread as earlier runs.

Storm is moving up in time . Icon and gfs now have it around Thursday

Begining to think that boundry , while the press gets hung up,waffles for 5 or 6 days deciding if it wants to dump west verse east, may be a blessing in disguise. Messing with the models for sure.

Back