• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Flaming Feb 2021

As @Webberweather53 has mentioned before, these big deep South events tend to have ice involved for someone historically. I don't think it's so many members from around the area versus myself, who know the horrors of no power for days and living in an older home without a means for power. From everything I've seen, many in the CAE area will take any and everything to do with Winter weather with happiness, lol.

@dsaur was around for the big one back in the day, and his stories about the warzone of pine tree sounds is horrific. Maybe he will post a bit about that in one of the wamby/banter threads if we get closer and it looks like we'll be facing it again.

I don't exactly like the look of the ensemble members for this region if you're looking for snow as the predominate ptype. We're many days out and things will change, but history shows that when this area starts to lose something, it's rare to come back.
Oak should do better unless they pull up out of the ground from the weight, if it's a really bad one..several inches or more. Won't be going to to the store unless you walk dodging the downed power lines. It looks like War of the Worlds with every pole down, and trees in the streets too. It's pure survival for days, lol. You sure don't want an all electric home. Gas or propane so you don't freeze. I'll trade all my zrain for the rest of my life, for a 1 inch snow. I don't like anything about pure destruction, and that's what a big one is. It's like hoping a tornado hits you :)

Hell at least the GFS shows some wintry. Lol. Euro shut us out with shorts weather by Tuesday or Wednesday

The bad news is that the 0Z EPS is warmer than the 12Z EPS. But the good news is that the 0Z EPS is much colder than the 0Z Euro op. So, it looks more like a delayed but not denied cold coming with colder coming in 2/13-4 with no SER warmth to worry about then. Epic SE cold isn't showing but nice and BN cold nevertheless.

SE CAD areas, especially NC may get ZR 2/15-6 per 0Z EPS.

Last edited:
I wish the para/v16 was running. It has been doing very well. The Euro has been flipping around quite a day from day to day. It or the GFS will have to cave soon. It's evolution is already starkly different than the GFS at D4/5.

Sure would be nice to take advantage of the cold air after it moves in next weekend
0e798d6dca4a651021ebbe4ac2ac5fe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A115U1 using Tapatalk

Back