• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd I hope this is a bad dream:
wk1_wk2_latest_NAsfc_T.gif
wk3_wk4_latest_NAsfc_T.gif
Do you go by Packbacker on the other board!?

But seriously. What's up with the models showing the great setups having too warm temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro might be having its bias play a factor with that good look I saw on the Euro but I'm not sure why I saw that look I saw on the GFS last night after these storms that was too warm at the surface but looked good climatologically.

Cold air seems a little a little further south so far on GFS. Let's see what the old 18z brings us today!

I don't think this one is going to cut because of the PV event I'm seeing in the Northeast/Canada. But who knows.

Looks like a good CAD setting up with that first system.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Popcorn is back posting, you know there's a legit threat now! Bet the happy hour GFS has a big winter storm for NC!

Popcorn is back posting, you know there's a legit threat now! Bet the happy hour GFS has a big winter storm for NC!
It's a thread the needle event for sure. The cold air needs to stick around and the precipitation needs to be a little faster. Definitely a better run than 12z though.

Lol, looks like it's going to cut. I'm not feeling it with that first system for winter wx. I'm really bumped up about the 10th-13th.

Looks like there is a tendency to flatten it, weaken the wave on this run. Maybe we will see a slower solution over time as the GFS tends to be too quick.

That 1050+ high moving across could help make a big Winter event for a chunk of the SE if it can slow.

Lol, looks like it's going to cut. I'm not feeling it with that first system for winter wx. I'm really bumped up about the 10th-13th.

It doesn't really cut. The system never digs enough to get to the gulf and be a Miller A. It moves due east and gets strung out before reforming up the coast. If the timing was a bit faster and the system was at least 50 miles further south, there would be a nice overrunning southern slider event. Still time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back