• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as maybe models could show big Weenie run soon again, so close to something big.

Gawd I hope this is a bad dream:
wk1_wk2_latest_NAsfc_T.gif
wk3_wk4_latest_NAsfc_T.gif

I bet there will be an interesting EPS run today. Nice looks on the 12z Euro deterministic run.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I keep thinking what the GFS and Euro did with the last storm this far out and if this is a repeat. One showing it further north and the other further south, only for them both to end up shifting as we got closer.

12z eps supports the op with a much further south look vs the gfs and gefs . Gfs vs euro again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the eps is extremely active and supports the gefs idea of two systems between the 4th-10th. Lots to work on but at least it's not boring . entertaining few weeks ahead

the eps is extremely active and supports the gefs idea of two systems between the 4th-10th. Lots to work on but at least it's not boring . entertaining few weeks ahead

Appears to be more cutters and inland runners this go round for the second system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appears to be more cutters and inland runners this go round for the second system.

more inland runners vs anything else . I'm fine with that being so far out the idea of two systems that have potential to bring SOME something wintry by the 10th is there
1051be43366909129c1863d1fac74be4.jpg
375f1c26f5667944df2d9cb5f06d212f.jpg

Regardless of low placement, we need a strong high not only working as a physical prsssure force but also a temperature force. Right now the high looks to suppress the systems but not being any cold air skjth

Today's EPS MJO forecast is similarly to recent runs unfavorable for cold late week 1 but favorable late week 2+. The GEFS has the NAO remaining + for 2 weeks+ and it has the AO staying + up until about day 10, at which time disagreement between members takes over. Even if the NAO and AO both remain mainly + for the next couple of weeks, keep in mind these major SE winter storms which were accompanied by +NAO/+AO:

2/1973, 1/1988, 3/1993, 3/2009, 2/2014

Today's EPS MJO forecast is similarly to recent runs unfavorable for cold late week 1 but favorable late week 2+. The GEFS has the NAO remaining + for 2 weeks+ and it has the AO staying + up until about day 10, at which time disagreement between members takes over. Even if the NAO and AO both remain mainly + for the next couple of weeks, keep in mind these major SE winter storms which were accompanied by +NAO/+AO:

MJO is staying close to the circle and may go to 8 = hope springs eternal LOL

ALL_emean_phase_full.gif
[/url] image free hosting[/IMG]

Cold air is air with low heat content. Air with less kinetic motion. In this context, I was talking about 850mb temps below 0C.

I was being rhetorical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back