• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so which model is it going to be that shows the southern slider solution this time? It's like all of the models are playing hot potato this time, not just one that's wavering.

The time period I'm watching is coming up. Please have our good storm GFS. 10th-13th.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

this is the strongest the Pacific has looked for a while on the GFS, I'm not feeling seeing anything close to favorable at all, of course I may be wrong.

Edit: I think the GFS is about to torch everywhere outside of the northern US. Hope I'm wrong but that's what the look suggests.

this is the strongest the Pacific has looked for a while on the GFS, I'm not feeling seeing anything close to favorable at all, of course I may be wrong.

Edit: I think the GFS is about to torch everywhere outside of the northern US. Hope I'm wrong but that's what the look suggests.

So I was wrong on the torch but that is one massive NS event. If it doesn't leave quickly I don't know that we're going to see anything and even if it does with how the trough is aligned it'll be more of an event for the Carolinas and Virginia.

And if it leaves quickly it'll probably be a rainer.

Ahhh, the GFS has our bigger storm but it's way too far north. It'll get there.

I'll have to make a YouTube video on what I'll think to show you guys what I'm trying to say just in case some of you don't know what I've been saying over the past few days or so.

Unrelated to the south but holy moly at the bomb that this run puts out in Canada, it has the low pressure down to 953. If this were to be the ground truth run, there's nothing to make this go south I think.

I'll have to make a YouTube video on what I'll think to show you guys what I'm trying to say just in case some of you don't know what I've been saying over the past few days or so.

I think we get it, the 10-13th is gonna be awesome! Just not on models yet

Of course it will change in the next run but I'm not impressed with the look at 228 in regards to a storm in the southeast. The flow is flat and there's nothing that will push that storm coming in from the pacific to the south. It never comes south and bombs out in Canada.

Come to think of it though I technically don't think that's the wave we're looking at. The one I think we're actually looking at is further south and west of Mexico but if the Pacific is extremely strong as depicted, it's going to just get crushed.

actually a south shift on the 12z gefs . with many members bringing wintry weather to the SE days 7-10 . a few are big deals , most are lighter backside stuff . implies two different systems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going to be interested in finding out what the Euro says at 12z, hopefully it doesn't also say a cutter for the deal around the super bowl.

wow the 12z gefs is sweet looking the 5th -10th. two different systems with MANY very close calls for alot of areas. Gonna be a fun two weeks ahead .

I can't even get cold enough air for snow to stick from a clipper this winter. Expectations for accumulating snow have been downgraded here due to warmer then forecasted temps. I had really heavy snow falling up until 10 minutes ago but now that the heavy precipitation has ended temps will warm and that's all she wrote. Oh well on to the next one as they say so often in the south.

Of course the models are having a hard time with timing with these storms. We may just end up getting two storms, one in the 10th-13th (or sooner or later) and maybe another one in the 15th-17th. It definitely has a stormy look.

Of course the models are having a hard time with timing with these storms. We may just end up getting two storms, one in the 10th-13th (or sooner or later) and maybe another one in the 15th-17th. It definitely has a stormy look.

the gfs ensembles has two storms before the 10th. the eps has the same genera idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back