• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord, Winter ice threat returns even down to CAE this 00z GFS run.

0z Euro looks like the storm is going to cut with that first system. There's a HP sitting on the SC/NC boarder at 168... definitely a cutter look setting up. Just another possible solution that it could cut.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Storm5, what are the snowfall member snowfall maps looking like during the 10th-13th time period? Accu pro don't have the snowfall member maps. I bet there will be some good members in there.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
the majority of the snow on the gefs members falls before the 11th. the system after the 11th on the 00z gefs cuts in every which way . not many wintry solutions post the 11th

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

the majority of the snow on the gefs members falls before the 11th. the system after the 11th on the 00z gefs cuts in every which way . not many wintry solutions post the 11th

someone's up ealry

gfs_asnow_us_41.png
cut across TN, but not a cutter.

snod.conus.png
Here's the 6z GEFS. The signal is for the I-77 corridor in the NC mountains and foothills. Seems like there is at least one storm every year that matches this profile. This could be the one for this year.

Thanks! I'd love to hear (or see) some more EPS analysis when you have time. Hopefully less cutters this run.
Yeah reid said it best , they have a little of everything. thing is though it's very active and presents many ways to score from a miller A , to southern slider to a an apps runner . days 7-12 are popping on the eps .
3cf78a57dc37143355c444b9fb402d63.jpg

that's a really big increase on the mean. it is skewed by two MASSIVE members but there was a bug increase on the number of members showing something vs previous runs .

Last edited:
Euro and GFS are not consistent at all with the specifics this far out, but the storm signal showing is definitely there. Reminds me of how the last storm played out with the models this far out.

Euro and GFS are not consistent at all with the specifics this far out, but the storm signal showing is definitely there. Reminds me of how the last storm played out with the models this far out.
Except only one run has had a massive storm so far. GFS looks like it wants to set up some icing, but will change at 12Z guaranteed. Euro is doing what it has done all along and is just throwing blind darts, hoping to get it right like it did last time. Maybe we should just spin a wheel to see what this one will be. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back