• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stating that in general the best thing to look for in the long range on the GFS is storm signals and heights. I wasn't looking at heights in the time period I'm keeping an eye on just yet (not in depth any way). Just that storm signal alone. The weeklies are more accurate than the GFS. On the 18z GFS run the storm signal is there, supporting what the weekly showed.

I'm not sure what Weather Bell shows as the weeklies cause I don't use Weather Bell. Accu pro actually shows the 1000-500 maps on the weeklies. Does any here use Accu Pro as well?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
wait , so now the weeklies are good ??? lol that's good to know , I was wondering why they changed EVERY SINGLE RUN .

The weeklies are garbage . Nothing consistent about them at all.

Anyway we can continue this discussion in the banter thread . We are junking up the February thread with posts about the lr gfs and weeklies

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

and just for fun
image_thumb_png_53555bf1b663a866db10162f4b73f4c8.png

wait , so now the weeklies are good ??? lol that's good to know , I was wondering why they changed EVERY SINGLE RUN .

The weeklies are garbage . Nothing consistent about them at all.

Anyway we can continue this discussion in the banter thread . We are junking up the February thread with posts about the lr gfs and weeklies

Okay, that's fine, no big deal. You're not thinking about banning me are you? Lol. I'm just stating my opinions like everyone else. That's why we're here. Alright, going back on topic.

Okay, that's fine, no big deal. You're not thinking about banning me are you? Lol. I'm just stating my opinions like everyone else. That's why we're here. Alright, going back on topic.

ban you ?? lol heck no. I'll only ban you of you go buy a sled like ATL did haha

ban you ?? lol heck no. I'll only ban you of you go buy a sled like ATL did haha

Lol! I won't post a photo like he did with NO snow on the ground. I'll post one while the snow is falling. Haha.

Looking at the 12z EPS, it has that storm signal just like the latest weekly and the 18z GFS. EPS is faster but of course we'll have low track issues, temp, and timing. At this point I'll just be looking for consistency now with the storm signal. Once we start to get into that mid range I'll start looking in depth more of the storm.

At this point, I like on where the low is coming about on the 12z EPS and 18z GFS.

I know details don't matter out in fantasy land, but I can't imagine that it would be that warm with that low in that position...that said we're going to see a wholly different solution on the next run so it doesn't matter.

Ban me please. Too much optimism in this thread for the models show IMO.

All the optimism is giving me heartburn.

The clock is ticking before I turn into my seasonal severe weather personality.

Lol, that's all we can do right now is model observe and tell opinions. All this model talk doesn't bother me at all.

Oh hell you might need timeout for sure

. I'm down with severe, only thing working for us as of now

00z gfs looks more like the euro further south this run

soooooo...the 0z GFS now has two separate storms not too far from each other. That's quite the sudden change.

First one is too far north, second one may do it in the upper south but it depends on how long the CAD can hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back