• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I didn't see that coming. Just when folks say that it's too cold and too far south, it doubles down and goes colder and even further south!
We had a few runs like this on the models at about this timeframe on our last storm! Maybe the next few days we can get this thing dialed in! So CMC and Euro are southern solutions and GFS is farthest north from today's runs?

Gonna be fun looking at the euro ensembles, probably some gems in there!?

Either the Euro is way out to lunch or since its in or near its wheelhouse we'll see something similar to it start to appear on other models. I might lean to "way out to lunch". I trust it more than the GFS, but why would both models be so far apart?

Either the Euro is way out to lunch or since its in or near its wheelhouse we'll see something similar to it start to appear on other models. I might lean to "way out to lunch". I trust it more than the GFS, but why would both models be so far apart?
it's the whole fun part of model watching, lol

Fwiw, the 12Z GEPS suggests a halfway decent shot at a Miller A crossing N FL 2/8.

12z eps implies not one but two storms between Feb 5th -10th . Extremely active

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6fd7add3c0d72ceeb56409e90a3eb6c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

12z eps implies not one but two storms between Feb 5th -10th . Extremely active

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The weekly shows too storms as well during those periods. One cutting and another one coming up on the coast of the SE. The second one may give TN and NC some snow. The track of low wouldn't produce snow for AL, GA and SC. Also, the second one may just very well get suppressed, it just depends how fast that high comes down.

Edit: Oh, it depends on the high to the NE as well. If it's further south, it may very well get suppressed.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

SD, I see that map u posted of the Euro ens. Does any place in the south have any realistic chance at a winter storm with this setup moving forward? I'm in Arkansas BTW. NE Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back