• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, interesting 00z Euro.

ecmwf_tsnow_nc_39.png

Hey guys clicking the little "upload image" link on the forum. Make sure you copy the url of "direct link" and post as an image by clicking the image/landscape looking image by the smiley face in the post form over here.

Here are the steps:
Click the Upload Image link
On the new window, upload your image
Copy the link for "direct link"
Come back over here to the site
In the post edit box, find the smiley face, and right next to it the image button
A popup will come up to put the link in.

:)

I will talk with the other site guys tomorrow and see about just allowing image uploads on the site.

Last edited:
4lszstvbt

Testing... can delete.. first image I posted I actually followed these steps don't know why I forgot the insert URL in the landscape box lol must be late :D

4lszstvbt

Testing... can delete.. first image I posted I actually followed these steps don't know why I forgot the insert URL in the landscape box lol must be late :D

Yeah, you're just copying the wrong link. See where it says "direct link" use that one.

06z GFS operational continues 00z's idea of a lake's cutter.. only difference is colder air behind it.

The good thing is there was no support from the 00z GEFS on the lake cutter idea, instead impressive snow depth across North Carolina bulging into Georgia. Will have to see if the 06z Gefs continues disagreement with the 00z on the idea of a cutter.. anyways.. was nice to see the euro operational and control lay something nice across portions of the board. I feel like this is a upper to mid south event.. I feel The only way I'm going to get frozen precip is if a wedge develops.

Last edited:
06z GFS operational continues 00z's idea of a lake's cutter.. only difference is colder air behind it.

The good thing is there was no support from the 00z GEFS on the lake cutter idea, instead impressive snow depth across North Carolina bulging into Georgia. Will have to see if the 06z Gefs continues disagreement with the 00z on the idea of a cutter.. anyways.. was nice to see the euro operational and control lay something nice across portions of the board. I feel like this is a upper to mid south event.. I feel The only way I'm going to get frozen precip is if a wedge develops.
there were many cutters on the 00z gefs . the snow mean is skewed by 4 huge members and those are mostly ice

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The 06z GFS has my storm that I'm predicting coming down into the Plains at 324. It's not showing a winter storm yet. It has the idea.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Interesting on the 0z EPA at the end of the run.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This is a great pattern for a Mid-Atlantic and/or NC snowstorm. We will have to hope the shortwave digs across the gulf states to get the SE in play. For now the EPS supports the mid Atlantic, with the shortwave over Kentucky...the storm is now showing up on EPS mean 500mb anomaly maps, so there's definitely support for what we are seeing on the OP runs - even if the snow map members don't look that great.

Ridging on the west coast connecting to the N AK/Russian ridge, confluence swinging down south of the Hudson and a shortwave on the means, can't get better than that this far out.

I mentioned on Tuesday on AmWx that I liked Feb 6-7 and to wait until Jan 27 when we get into Day 10 range and here we are - this pattern screamed east coast snowstorm when many on AmWx were trying to sell torching. Lets real it in boys.

IMG_6191.png

This is a great pattern for a Mid-Atlantic and/or NC snowstorm. We will have to hope the shortwave digs across the gulf states to get the SE in play. For now the EPS supports the mid Atlantic, with the shortwave over Kentucky...the storm is now showing up on EPS mean 500mb anomaly maps, so there's definitely support for what we are seeing on the OP runs - even if the snow map members don't look that great.

Ridging on the west coast connecting to the N AK/Russian ridge, confluence swinging down south of the Hudson and a shortwave on the means, can't get better than that this far out.

I mentioned on Tuesday on AmWx that I liked Feb 6-7 and to wait until Jan 27 when we get into Day 10 range and here we are - this pattern screamed east coast snowstorm when many on AmWx were trying to sell torching. Lets real it in boys.

IMG_6191.png
Welcome and thanks, Jon! Like old times seeing you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back