• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not a bad setup. not great, but hell at this point we take anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snowpack to the north would be very useful here... some surface temp issues for many in AL, GA, SC. NC & TN might squeak out okay.

I did say there might be an upper south winter storm before we go back to a cold pattern but I didn't expect Feb. 4/5 to show a winter storm that could be for everyone.

(Now let me look at it...)

for my area , northern Bama we can handle a system like the 18z that cuts inland over georgia

sign me up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wintry mess down to ATL from my maps. Better than nothing!

Ice? No thank you. Going to have to see these clown ice maps.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_38.png

Oh god. I thankfully escape the worst of it but ice? Yeah, I'd rather this one cut for the sake of y'all north of me.

Too far out for specifics, but that heavier precipitation and ice... with the track of that low.. is not as scary as it looks in most of SC.

Heavy precip rates = latent heat release = surface temps going above freezing to be saved from a massive ice-storm.

image.png

Too far out for specifics, but that heavier precipitation and ice... with the track of that low.. is not as scary as it looks in most of SC.

Heavy precip rates = latent heat release = surface temps going above freezing to be saved from a massive ice-storm.

image.png

Good point Shawn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for snow maps, but GSP is actually snow.. 10 inches + so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back