• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
the little disturbance around the 3rd will need to be watched for tennessee and NC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Larry, He said if Euro MJO and weeklies were right? His forecast was in trouble.... But he's not changing his thoughts yet, he wanted to see this for a few days. said may be different tomorrow. I think he said it kinda didn't make sense with it self? I think I got this right. lol. He's concerned about the look on the JMA also....

I have not yet changed my ideas as I wish to watch this for a while, as up through the first 10 days of February , the ideas that have gotten us here have had merit. But I did not see this coming as all the things I have been showing you, suggested that the seasonal variation which usually argues for the trough further east would carry the day. The Euro says no ( it does try to bring it back in March) but the warmer idea its implying here would break the back of winter, and my forecast.

So I have alot of work in front of me, since the work in back of me, if this is right, is for naught once past Feb 10. I am not changing my ideas, I am saying to you I see all this that is plainly different from what I believe.

Big Frosty,
Thanks. JB is right to be concerned since he has much of the eastern US colder and snowier than normal for DJF averaged out. It is pretty doubtful that he'll get that to verify even with a moderately cold Feb. I'd gladly take a moderately cold Feb.

one day the gfs will be great again . what a sh**** model. it's not even close just 6 hours apart

18z gfs
43bd2fdeb70ab7adac7bcbb988af72b0.jpg

00z gfs
2261ffed1f1c40ca96faaa5e0c2aa647.jpg

one day the gfs will be great again . what a sh**** model. it's not even close just 6 hours apart

18z gfs
43bd2fdeb70ab7adac7bcbb988af72b0.jpg

00z gfs
2261ffed1f1c40ca96faaa5e0c2aa647.jpg

Guess winter is over! (Sarcasm) Man that's bad...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait a minute...so the lines there are suggesting there should at least be a slight trough...and yet this shows as a warm signal? Goofy...its time to lay off of the alcohol.

Seriously though with how volatile the long term situation could be, wild swings shouldn't be surprising on the models. We could pretty easily end up with a situation where winter is over, or we could end up with a situation in which winter is on...even if it doesn't mean a widespread winter storm necessarily.

If you don't like the GFS, wait one run, it's guaranteed to change.

Don't fret guys. My Japanese Magnolia trees bloomed this week. They always get zapped with a freeze when they pop out so early.

I wasn't up for the 0z last night. The 0z is a much better run than 06z.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I will say that I'm a little discouraged after seeing so much promise, and now it just seems like it's either delayed only a day or two or not showing up at all.

I will say that I'm a little discouraged after seeing so much promise, and now it just seems like it's either delayed only a day or two or not showing up at all.

I would agree...Not impression w/any of the runs or their ensemble since last night....

I don't understand all the negativity? We aren't even into February yet !? Yes the look on the weeklies sucked, but the weeklies suck themselves! From middle Feb on! When it's Feb 15th, and everything looks like this, then it's panic at the disco!

I don't understand all the negativity? We aren't even into February yet !? Yes the look on the weeklies sucked, but the weeklies suck themselves! From middle Feb on! When it's Feb 15th, and everything looks like this, then it's panic at the disco!

LOL!

large.jpg

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just pointing out the obvious that yes we're going to see some cold shots but let's face it we thought this was going to be a lot better and at this point it keeps getting pushed back and or delayed, so yeah there's a little concerned there.

I believe we still have plenty of opportunities, but I also thought we would see a little bit better of a chance where we might see some sustained cold, and right now it looks very transient. Either way, we're definitely going to have opportunities I'm just saying that I thought it would be a little bit better for a bigger block of time

And just to be clear, this is the southeast United States. We don't get a huge block of cold a lot of the time, and even in a transient pattern we can still see snow storms and Ice storms. So yes, I don't think we're going to see a big sustain Cold Shot but it doesn't mean we can't see snow and ice around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back