• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
this issue is gonna be if it does trend NW its because the cold press is backing off which will mean rain for most . I think at this point I'd rather take my chance with a phase .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This far south and this late in the year, no way to even consider disputing that!

This far south and this late in the year, no way to even consider disputing that!

Actually, the lateness is not yet an antisnow/pro rain factor in mid Feb per climo as that is a peak.

If the storm verifies I believe it will have big accumulations. We seem to do very well in this time frame.

If the Euro gets on board today or within 3-4 days, then I'll sign up and get very excited about the possible big snow maker. I like the track of low on GFS, it just needs to come slightly further north. If it does, then we are going to get big snowfall amounts. The reason why it was being suppressed on this run is cause the vortex was pressing down further. To get even the bigger snows, there needs to be a phase which could turn out to be hard to get. And also, we haven't been seeing a phasing trend.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Seems every year between 10th and 20th we are watching a storm that verifies. Feb 25th -28th are good dates in the past as well. I remember Feb 27th, 2004 was a good storm as was March 1, 2009 for me.

Actually, the lateness is not yet an antisnow/pro rain factor in mid Feb per climo as that is a peak.
I guess I forgot to mention that the lack of any real cold is the underlying basis for why I agree with Storm5 so strongly .... a phase might just get enough cold pulled down to work wonders. My bad ...

I of course am not for sure as I don't have the pay maps, but others are saying the Euro is showing this storm but is north of the GFS. Despite it being north, it was also trending south and cooler too.

Well alot of moisture from that low in Gulf the thought of 1 to 2 inches of precip with a Polar Vortex is fun to think about but Saturday/Sunday we should be hopeful getting a better feel for this system

I doubt we see a big northwest jump with this storm with the stuff that's going to be happening in the northeast but I don't think the storm is going to be this suppressed. Problem is, if we go back to the favorable climo track...will there be cold air?

I think we end up somewhere in between a typical southern slider track and Tampa.

Of course with the way things have gone lately, in a day or two we're going to see the PV go poof and this take a massive NW trend.

Looks like 12z GEFS .. many members have an idea of a storm. Most warm.

get_orig_img_php.gif

If the gfs and cmc could meet in the middle we would have a great storm track. But honestly, I'm excited about this threat. So many of my snows here in Northga show a storm, suppress it with good temps and come back north closer to time. Here's to hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back