• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine with Suppression now can always expect a NW jog with GFS within 5 days not sure how much it will but feel confident it will make a jog, but if it phases before it will change track but the thought of a phase and the trajectory of the cold air progress from basically North Kentucky to N. Georgia in past 48 hours continue's to make my mind play crazy scenarios

The multiple elements of this storm has some of the biggest "POTENTIAL" for a major Winter storm we've seen in a few years but all that fantasy until it actually reaches it like the Falcons winning a Super Bowl

If you're in CAE looking for a Feb 2010 type of snowstorm again, then the GFS run is almost there. Just a tad more north and it's ALL snow.

February 2010 was a beautiful snowstorm. I was living in Greenwood then and we got about 8 to 9 inches......all snow, from start to finish. But the Columbia area was the big winner in that one. Now I have visions back to February 1973. I wish ALL of you could see just ONE snowstorm, or should I say blizzard, in your lifetime like that one, Columbia......I think got 16 or 17 inches out of that one. I only saw 14 inches but I wasn't complaining.

I'm hoping the 12z Euro will be leaning more on what the GFS has been showing today. I don't want to get ahead of myself and put all my excitement into the GFS. Let's stay on track, just like what the GFS has the track of low. If we jump ahead, it causes confusion and we end up all over the place.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

February 2010 was a beautiful snowstorm. I was living in Greenwood then and we got about 8 to 9 inches......all snow, from start to finish. But the Columbia area was the big winner in that one. Now I have visions back to February 1973. I wish ALL of you could see just ONE snowstorm, or should I say blizzard, in your lifetime like that one, Columbia......I think got 16 or 17 inches out of that one. I only saw 14 inches but I wasn't complaining.

I've been chasing a 15 inch + storm like 73 since I have followed the weather. A very rare event, indeed.

Seems every year between 10th and 20th we are watching a storm that verifies. Feb 25th -28th are good dates in the past as well. I remember Feb 27th, 2004 was a good storm as was March 1, 2009 for me.

I've been around for a few decades now and I definitely remember bigger snowstorms in mid to late Feb than I ever saw in Jan.

Wonder if the Euro comes on board can our site handle the influx of people...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang Euro has 974 over Cape Cod Monday morning. Upper level low is a little slower than yesterdays 12z

12Z Euro ULL is much more SW than the 00z at 108...we should see soon if it will start a NE jog or stay together...confluence digging more south as well same time period.

I remember Feb 27th, 2004 was a good storm

nwscae0204.jpg

Don't even remind me of that particular storm. I was literally on the "0.5-2"" line. I basically ended up with about an hour of sleet and snow.

I can recall a couple of people who lived in Winnsboro, SC, but worked in Columbia, and talking about how it was night and day, while being interviewed on the news.

The ULL was in OK by this time on the 00z, it's on the TX panhandle this run at hour 120...definitely slower and more southern solution downstream coming...however this run also has a less impressive northern stream confluence, but that could not be that big of a deal.

Nice Euro starting to show a slower/southern solution vs it's previous runs. Don't fail us $5 plan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back