• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ULL is still a 2 contour low at 138 over NE TX and now a 1 contour ULL on the TX/LA border at 144 w/ confluence swinging down

Holy hell 1884 data . That's amazing . Obviously your compiling data are you gonna publish it all in like a boom form ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm currently planning to put all of the maps onto a temporary website with a multitude of hyperlinks linking each one (similar to what is currently done at NWS RAH). My eventual goal is to create a spatially and temporally complete, quality-controlled snowfall dataset for North Carolina that goes back to 1896. It would be nice if this dataset could be interactive and allow users to analyze specific storms and winter storm statistics on scales ranging from the entire state to practically their own backyard, and then allow them construct their own composites and reminiscent to CIPS, create an automated system that uses MSLP, surface temperatures, z500 (or any other parameter or set of parameters) that builds analog maps for storms as far back as 1896 based on specific patterns in those aforementioned fields. This dream is probably several years off, and will require a lot of work on my part, but it definitely has potential to go somewhere...

Good step in the right direction. Further South. Phase, might or it might not.

545d4fc036739364d4faeba3aaa8390b.jpg
dc64fb6638fc303e92d8eee26aec34d7.jpg

Good step in the right direction. Further South. Phase, might or it might not.
Don't think it's a phase this run...vortex isn't nearly deep enough south

although it's trying to get there at 150...impressive dive from previous frame...the ULL is sloooow this run, great trend.

Interesting, much different h5 look:
ecmwf_z500_vort_conus2_27.png

Euro is trying to phase oh boy....regardless of how this run ends up, good trends today!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Guests go register . takes 30 seconds . Be sure and come back Saturday night for the live show

VERY impressive northern stream over NC at 162hrs....if it came in a little earlier we'd be game.

Wonder who's going to win...GFS or the EURO...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euro was close to doing something nice for the Upper South I do think. Just need some timing changes. The Euro took a substantial shift to the direction we need. Colder push would send it further South, and it's still nothing like the 12z GFS solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back