• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfs_asnow_us_34.png
not much lol, but you see the idea of Potential!!!

I'm very excited as of now, perfect setup for something special crazy

I'm excited, but not very excited right now, cause I don't want to be disappointed. I've been disappointed enough this winter.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Now that low hangs back longer, this gives us 8 days. Plenty time to watch

I'm excited, but not very excited right now, cause I don't want to be disappointed. I've been disappointed enough this winter.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I totally agree with ya, but hey what else is going on

If you're in CAE looking for a Feb 2010 type of snowstorm again, then the GFS run is almost there. Just a tad more north and it's ALL snow.

It's still too early to really be excited but this time, I've REALLY seen this story before, except last time snow was showing before it went to where it was suppressed. I remember that there was a good winter storm showing, than it got squashed into the gulf, and came back later.

Honestly, I'm only watching that time frame lol
Somewhere a few pages back, before the runs started coming in and related discussion ensued, I posted a link to a "movie" of the GFS and Nam runs (select your run) for precip type; it's not the best data source in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but it does help "visualize" what individual model panels are showing wrt precip; in case that got buried here it is again, should anyone find it of interest:
http://www.coolwx.com/ptype/

Liking where we stand. I don't see a huge north trend but I doubt this goes that far south.

At 192 there's a little light snow near the coast of SC.

In mid Feb (when far supressed lows have the best chance to occur per history) with a -3 AO, a +2 PNA, and an MJO phase 8 with amp of 3 just preceding it, this may very well buck the GFS trend and never trend back all that much or perhaps any NW. This is a highly unusual situation.

Like 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok good deal. I thought it took a while. That one was a little different in evolution. You'd think the Euro would do ok with ULLs...though it used to have a bias of holding them back in the SW a bit too long.

In mid Feb (when far supressed lows have the best chance to occur per history) with a -3 AO and a +2 PNA just preceding it, this may very well buck the GFS trend and never trend back all that much or perhaps any NW. This is a highly unusual situation.
this issue is gonna be if it does trend NW its because the cold press is backing off which will mean rain for most . I think at this point I'd rather take my chance with a phase .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back