• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look Larry, right on cue as you prognosticated 18Z brings down 1045 high into the Dakotas day 8
Yep, looks cold for sure!
gfs_T850_us_39.png

With low placement in the general right area, we need our cold. Oz should be interesting tonight.
Indeed the low placement is in the general idea. I'm not sure why it's not colder. For one, there's no SER, so no concern of WAA from that. I still believe that the system will get in here at the same time the cold air does, so surface air temps will be an issue at first.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

if I lived in Tennessee or NC I'd be really excited about the possibilities. anywhere south of there is gonna need A CRAP LOAD of work . I've always felt and even said it a few days ago that I think this was a Kentucky jackpot storm . still feel that way

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Don't worry you can wishcast cold

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

With the last winter event in early Jan. the GFS seem to have P-type issues in till the day of the event. This could be the same thing we're seeing here. I may have a video this evening.

With the last winter event in early Jan. the GFS seem to have P-type issues in till the day of the event. This could be the same thing we're seeing here. I may have a video this evening.

Except that it was too warm last time. I have a terrible feeling that if we can't see colder runs, we will have an I-40 special.

Good trends today with the models. Things have definitely taken a positive step for NC.

Also last event, the GFS was so amped up with totals, but temp became a issue for some. Your right this could be the same sernero up until the day

Also last event, the GFS was so amped up with totals, but temp became a issue for some. Your right this could be the same sernero up until the day
precip type could be a issue this far our

This potential event is for next Friday ? Temps are forecast to be near 60 here so obviously we won't be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back