• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
12z eps horrible for the SE
acb3a6aed14d10655b7be35fff5dd4f8.jpg
5803bdc36612ebb4b813213b3380ef6b.jpg

12z gefs much further south. one will bust
5ca051e6c963acf44387a90d5436d248.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
one will bust, but i'm praying the L slides south even a bit from what the GEFS shows - and it could and if it does ... BOOM (of some relative form or other - in a nice way)

There are quite a few differences between the Euro and GFS across the entire US that lead to a much different end result. The Euro has a much more north south ridge in the Rockies, the north east energy is well farther west and slower. These 2 factors alone allow a more SW flow and give you amplification along the east coast.
Just for reference the Euro is 989 over eastern NC while the GFS is 1008 out in the SW Atlantic

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last few runs haven't been very encouraging. The 70's this weekend will at least get our minds off this lackluster winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you to be following winter weather in Florida it might be a problem! But we are glad to have ya
OHH Pa Sha
Like I said before -- it's all fun (or something like that) LOL

No prob BTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the big dilemma - is it Las Margaritas or Chop Stix

Weather ain't everything ......

Last edited:
Last few runs haven't been very encouraging. The 70's this weekend will at least get our minds off this lackluster winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today hasn't been that great for runs for sure, but I got a feeling tomorrow's runs will be better, don't shoot me guys, just a feeling.

OHH Pa Sha

only if it's a winter storm, LOL

Man GEFS is in a war with the EPS with low placement. This 18z GEFS might even be further south with it's cluster/slower.

Man GEFS is in a war with the EPS with low placement. This 18z GEFS might even be further south with it's cluster/slower.
this time of year and with this set up - I'm rootin' for as far south as it can dig on models - more now, less warm movement north later on

Like I said, its the Euro suite vs indices. While chances are the GFS is likely wrong with this much suppression, the indices don't really support there being a storm that is that massive in the northeast. Maybe a storm, but not a massive one.

OHH Pa Sha

post-snow.jpg
well to bad this isn't 1977 freak snow in South FL. You'll love that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back