• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

Wheres the cold air its showing temps in the 40s 9pm saturday ??

All the models including ensembles who have seen this storm paint a similar picture but in different locations .. a semi thin stripe that sets up where rates are good and temps are marginal enough .. makes for a good paste event but also makes for a very hard to track storm ... lots of ups and downs with this one I’m sure .. a good appetizer for the King Kong event

Side note , King Kong 100 percent has to be the thread name for next weeks storm .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the trend on the NAM. Trough digging deeper in TX and turning the flow more SW aloft. Ridge trending stronger on the west coast. While different, the trend is definitely the same as what happened in the Dec 17 storm.

Attachments

• namconus_z500_vort_us_fh51_trend.gif
    namconus_z500_vort_us_fh51_trend.gif
    851.9 KB · Views: 46
If this works out gonna have to really start looking at the new GFS more, it picked it up first I believe. Would be another score
It did and then they had it offline till 12z today. So who knows what it was seeing all along past couple days. It cant be worse than what its replacing.

I’m trying to figure out what’s going on w such a narrow band when it appears precip shield is much larger. Anyone??
Well, it was only the northwest periphery of the precipitation field that was snow. The precip field itself was much more expansive to the south and east.

And thanks for starting this thread! It was getting confusing with the D10 threat and this one being in the same thread!

From previous experience i thought the 3k nam had better thermals?
Yeah I'm fairly certain @57 it wasn't showing snow with the last system. It maybe right but I'm looking at v16, ensembles and NAM just starting to latch on...trends not bad.

Around Montgomery. Oh buddy....

nam_2021020400_051_32.56--85.67.png
What's this mean?

How does this go from out of nowhere to this and it’s 3 days away?
The storm itself has been there for a while. People just wanted to look at the D10 shiny object, I guess, haha. However, this is the first run of any model I’ve seen that’s showed snow for CAE, MCN, etc. Most other modeling has confined potential snow to portions of NC.

Back