• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

GFS and CMC both moved more toward a slow moving, wound up bowling ball which would lead to big potential precip wise. This makes sense given the strong El Nino with charged up subtropical jet stream via the recent Pac Jet extension...just need the cold air injection to play ball.

View attachment 143989
Where did the cold air injection go? It’s been showing for how many runs now and suddenly gone? Do you buy it?

UKMet was colder with the NE low hanging in there, but not as strong with the southern stream wave. The winning ticket is a strong, slow-moving, bowling ball upper low sliding west to east across the deep south with the NE Low / 50-50 low either hanging in there and sending cold air south or partially phasing some of that NE Low into the southern bowling ball

Jan 28 UKMet 500.gif

Jan 28 UKMet Sfc.gif

Still a big signal on the GEFS and CMCE. Right now I think this turns to the inevitable I85 north and west cutoff. Now whether that is a cutoff from snow and rain or snow and ice or ice and rain, Idk yet. But I think everyone along and north and west of 85 should be cautiously optimistic. Emphasis should on cautiously

ugh it would really suck to waste a tailor made southern stream ULL hammer like this.

if you want some copium- i thought the delta on the GEFS was rather strange- check out how the entire wave train- not just our features, everything- lurches east at 114 hr.

fair reason to believe this run from the american camp is a dud and see what the 6z and 12z can offer. or maybe it's sniffing something out.gfs-ens_z500aNorm_us_fh114_trend (2).gif

Back