• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

The last strong signal I saw like, far south, was 2010. The storm was sent to Cuba on the operationals before eventually nailing i-20 north

With that said, models have improved so let's wait it out another 5 days

Good to see a global ens start trying to build a trough in the east...still looks like maybe 15-20th period we could transition to trough in the east and a nice NPac low. Would give us, outside of elevation, 2-3 weeks to work with.

View attachment 143786
The whole pattern going forward would benefit from our winter storm chance next weekend maturing and blowing up off the SE coast

After that crappy Euro Op run last night, that GEFS run was pretty awesome to see. 06z EPS looked a little improved too

Latest WPC 500mb forecast for next Sunday

516521E0-8CA9-44C8-8D28-999583E8CE9A.gif

The thing that intrigues me most is that there’s no “pig” ridge trying to blow this thing up and track it over our heads. However, we run the risk of total wave suppression without it but it’s one less thing to worry about here. For this reason I think we’ll have the general storm idea ironed out sooner rather than later at least for someone.

The thing that intrigues me most is that there’s no “pig” ridge trying to blow this thing up and track it over our heads. However, we run the risk of total wave suppression without it but it’s one less thing to worry about here. For this reason I think we’ll have the general storm idea ironed out sooner rather than later at least for someone.
Well we could still hook it into a miller b mess with a westward phase. Suppression is my biggest concern here for my area

More interaction with the northern stream this run. Looks like it's about to pop a coastal off of SC. I'm not sure I like this look for Ga. though.
icon_z500_vort_us_61.png

icon_mslp_wind_us_61.png

Back