• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Going off the 18z GFS ensembles, suppression is the least of my concerns. Happy to see the 00z GFS stay far south for now.

Nothing about this mean makes me think, "man, I'm concerned there won't be a storm".

View attachment 143734
Amen x 1000. That back door front is priority #1 and the confluence trending better and holding serve the next 7 days tracking is the key. Without it, we have no white colored qpf

Is this system showing anything for the I-20 area or is this a more north type of deal?

GFS right in between what we need…the northern upper low either needs to lift out quicker or dig back further west. It’s sticking right where we don’t want it…except it’s 7-8 days away so actually not bad spot to be in.

That omega block is legit though.

IMG_0485.png

Is this system showing anything for the I-20 area or is this a more north type of deal?
All we can say at this point is that we are tracking the potential for a winter storm across the mid-south, southeast, and southern mid-atlantic for next weekend. All outcomes are possible from no winter storm at all to a winter storm in any and all of those regions, including I-20

Back