• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Euro is way south. Probably squashes everything but we’ll see

View attachment 143635

One thing the KMA did was phase a piece of the low into the southern upper low. Lots of time...Euro isn't showing that like you pointed out.

But lots of time and not a bad spot to be in 8 days out.

index.png

Bu

One thing the KMA did was phase a piece of the low into the southern upper low. Lots of time...Euro isn't showing that like you pointed out.

But lots of time and not a bad spot to be in 8 days out.

View attachment 143637
You can certainly see how it could happen though!

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-vort500_z500-7048000.png

You can certainly see how it could happen though!

View attachment 143639

Without a doubt...slow the southern low down some...or speed up the nothern low.

You could see here trying to dig back sw.

How many times have we needed a low in se Canada, 50/50, to hang on and eventually it lifts out to quick

ecmwf-deterministic-conus-vort500_z500-7069600.png

978mb surface low off Charleston. Imagine if you found a way to connect w/ this one.

View attachment 143640
Reminds me of this one grandma/grandpa storm that had a piece of northern stream dumped into the southern wave and it unloaded in NC, can’t remember when that one happened though, it was a mega winter storm, I think it happened in March of something I’m not sure

978mb surface low off Charleston. Imagine if you found a way to connect w/ this one.

View attachment 143640
This season, strong, deep low pressure systems haven't been much of a problem coming to fruition. Wouldn't be in the least surprised to see this trend of deep low pressure systems during this season.

Back