• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

The pacific looking mediocre isn't a killer for the 2/18ish system as long as the davis strait to 50/50 area plays along. It'll trend this to either a miller B or sheared wave scenario but if we have a 1032-1040 high moving from the lakes into the NE that plays for areas east of the apps.

I'm really interested to see where the follow up system around 2/24 goes as well. Have some potential with that one but have to worry it gets biased too far north or the remnant cold is too marginal

Last edited:
The pacific looking mediocre isn't a killer for the 2/18ish system as long as the davis strait to 50/50 area plays along. It'll trend this to either a miller B or sheared wave scenario but if we have a 1032-1040 high moving from the lakes into the NE that plays for areas east of the apps.

I'm really interested to see where the follow up system around 2/24 goes as well. Have some potential with that one but have to worry it gets biased too far north or the remnant cold is too marginal
Looks like storm out the gulf heading into cad .just unknown how deep the cold will be

I like the start of the 12Z OP suite. A new look on the ICON. It's poised to bring an artic airmass down the front range with our Baja vorticity looming.
icon_z500_vort_us_61.png

icon_mslp_wind_us_61.png

I like the start of the 12Z OP suite. A new look on the ICON. It's poised to bring an artic airmass down the front range with our Baja vorticity looming.
icon_z500_vort_us_61.png

icon_mslp_wind_us_61.png
Yep. It would probably get very warm ahead of that clipper but that's the look you want ahead of the SS wave

Folding to who? Didn't it have back to back op runs with big SE snows yesterday? If anything its leading....or all alone actually.
Since 12z yesterday, the trend has been to weaken the 50/50 low and strengthen the Pacific low further east. The 06z GEFS doesn't even get the 850 line south of I-40, while the EPS and CMC are much colder. The 12z GFS folded to the 00z EPS and CMC. However, the question remains: will the GEFS align with the OP, and will the EPS and CMC continue?

Back