• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

Gefs trend is ugly, less 50/50, faster pacific View attachment 145850
Looking at the individual runs. So many of them ruin our cold feed with the northern stream shortwave that runs over top of the southern shortwave. If we can reverse that trend better cold feed can be possible like the Euro is showing

Looking at the individual runs. So many of them ruin our cold feed with the northern stream shortwave that runs over top of the southern shortwave. If we can reverse that trend better cold feed can be possible like the Euro is showing
I would trust euro and its ensembles more than gfs. Just look at how the gfs finally trended the valentines day threat northward more in line with euro guidance finally. Gfs has been getting its ass kicked last few weeks

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk

Meanwhile a town on the Mexican border with an average high of 68F in February is cashing in tomorrow

RNP0v7y.png

Key from what I’m noticing to get the pattern going after and more favorable for that D9-10 threat, is progress the trough in the PNW east at D7, and extend it into the Atlantic trough, and have a height field that leans NW to SE, 06z EPS looked better for that, even more so then the 00z run461A1AD5-4590-4653-A73C-EBFF903CC6A8.png
The GEFS gets it hung out west to long, and the height field is more zonal, and it becomes a weakness, for more pac related energy 78517A33-C98F-42B8-9F41-DCF2476E113B.png
Conclusion: we need that piece to move east, quickly, if it gets hung out west, it’s gonna link with the PT moving east, and the 50/50 would move out quick because it encourages a zonal look after, we need it to interact with the Atlantic trough and become a extension of the ATL trough, so there’s a renewed cold feed

Key from what I’m noticing to get the pattern going after and more favorable for that D9-10 threat, is progress the trough in the PNW east at D7, and extend it into the Atlantic trough, and have a height field that leans NW to SE, 06z EPS looked better for that, even more so then the 00z runView attachment 145854
The GEFS gets it hung out west to long, and the height field is more zonal, and it becomes a weakness, for more pac related energy View attachment 145855
Conclusion: we need that piece to move east, quickly, if it gets hung out west, it’s gonna link with the PT moving east, and the 50/50 would move out quick because it encourages a zonal look after, we need it to interact with the Atlantic trough and become a extension of the ATL trough, so there’s a renewed cold feed
Took me some comparing to see it, but now I see exactly what you're talking about comparing the op GFS with the Euro.

Key from what I’m noticing to get the pattern going after and more favorable for that D9-10 threat, is progress the trough in the PNW east at D7, and extend it into the Atlantic trough, and have a height field that leans NW to SE, 06z EPS looked better for that, even more so then the 00z runView attachment 145854
The GEFS gets it hung out west to long, and the height field is more zonal, and it becomes a weakness, for more pac related energy View attachment 145855
I 100% agree, great analysis.

About the most encouraging thing I can say at the moment is, as you noted, even the ensembles are still oscillating significantly with this so there's still time for it to correct the way we need, or not (as has been the case so many times in recent years).

Back