• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern February 2024

March will be too late except for some anomalous (dripping snow). Saw a decent one once when I was in Greenville, NC back in '83. Late Feb's a little better but last good one was Feb 2015(?) which happened on 23rd-25th--That's doable but getting rough late in the year.
March 2009 , Maybe @BullCityWx or someone remembers that one it was a deform band that came thru I believe after Raining all day. It was a Sunday Night I was forecasted 6-8" in Concord and got like 4", but drove up to my then GF house in China Grove they had about 6". The next Saturday it was 72 degrees and over for that year
https://products.climate.ncsu.edu/weather/winter/event/?e=466

For those of us in the Deep South, I think that we all would take a repeat of February 25-26 1914 and be not severely disappointed with no winter weather for the next year or two. The law of averages says that the entire region is well overdue for a classic late winter storm, I keep maintaining that this current snow drought is going to be broken in a big way when the time finally transpires for it to end.
Or one of these.
Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 1.31.40 PM.png

March 2009 , Maybe @BullCityWx or someone remembers that one it was a deform band that came thru I believe after Raining all day. It was a Sunday Night I was forecasted 6-8" in Concord and got like 4", but drove up to my then GF house in China Grove they had about 6". The next Saturday it was 72 degrees and over for that year
Yup, that was the one that really focused on the southern piedmont. We had rain at 4, heavy sleet by 5:30 and then eight hours of heavy wet snow. I ended up just around ten inches total. That storm was an absolute layup, easiest one I've ever tracked.

Yup, that was the one that really focused on the southern piedmont. We had rain at 4, heavy sleet by 5:30 and then eight hours of heavy wet snow. I ended up just around ten inches total. That storm was an absolute layup, easiest one I've ever tracked.
I have some video of thundersnow with that one. I need to digitize it so to speak…it was on a small camcorder

Back