• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern FEB 3-6 2024 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
You go to hour 162 on last nights canadian and compare to the 18z GFS, you will see the possibilities here. Its been obvious to me for the past almost 2 days now,that the only way to score here for any of us , is to have this thing get injected with ns energy/phased and attempt to bombogenesis right on the coast. What can really help is a poleward motion after a pivot. Seen a few small hints at it ensembles,but the biggest trend is still an OTS off to the east. The JMA stalling,crawling is just another clue that this might be achievable or a trend that unfolds. This has no doubt been an interesting chase, kinda unique, even if we whiff.

Shocked no one posted this
View attachment 144622
What we been waiting to see! now wheres the 75-125 mile NW trend? If this was over our head, you know it (nw trend) would come.

Maybe the kicker wave on the west coast will slow down a notch and buy us 12 more hours for the phasing to take place sooner,futher west

18z Euro was stronger with the southern low, precip field further north at hr90. These globals are going to start jackpotting the SW mountains/foothills soon I think. 18z GFS had a little spot of snow there.

The thing is if that band makes it up there, it could pivot in the same spot for 12-18 hours and drop 2-3 inches of liquid. The upside potential while very unlikely is through the roof there.

Also worth noting the highest GEFS snow mean for anybody is that area of the southern mountains around Brevard

Last edited:
18z Euro was a stronger with the southern low, precip field further north at hr90. These globals are going to start jackpotting the SW mountains/foothills soon I think. 18z GFS had a little spot of snow there.

The thing is if that band makes it up there, it could pivot in the same spot for 12-18 hours and drop 2-3 inches of liquid. The upside potential while very unlikely is through the roof there.

Also worth noting the highest GEFS snow mean for anybody is that area of the southern mountains around Brevard
And we know if anywhere is gonna squeeze out precip, it’s Brevard and that area of the state

I don’t have access to the EPS is it out yet/any changes?

The euro is the only model with this energy on top of our block. May or may not matter. I think its what causing it to be the least phased as it shows up an dillutes any energy from our ne low getting yanked down at precisely the worst time

1706750734763.png

The euro is the only model with this energy on top of our block. May or may not matter. I think its what causing it to be the least phased as it shows up an dillutes any energy from our ne low getting yanked down at precisely the worst time

View attachment 144636
You mean this loaded ferris wheel seat pointed out earlier right?

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back