• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

Long ways to go, once those heavy precip rates over you taper off temps might inch back down a tad
This storm is far from over....hopefully, the ice accurel won't be as much as originally advertised but we won't know until later this evening. I just have my fingers crossed about losing power, which I did for 12hrs last storm. Maybe the weak stuff was taken out last week and will save us this week, but who knows.

Going to get another round of heavy rain with this batch of heavy showers/storms near the coast....yard is so bad that my septic tank cant drain and its seriously impacting things like laundry/showers/dishes etc....the current radar and model trends for tonight do not help me any either....

The Tar River is going to hit 20 ft again which is major flood stage, this is like the 3rd time in a year its been at major stage.....luckily there is not much issue until it hits 22-23 ft.....

I don’t know if it was the heavier rates or warmer temps but I didn’t get much additional accrual from that heavy band.

we've seen this happen several times this season and I should have known better. The models ramp up ice/snow totals 24-48 hours before the storm, only to reduce totals from 24 hours in. Yesterday morning we were forecast to get .50" of ice. By the 0Z suite last night it was down to .25." I'm sitting at .18 and 32.2 degrees.

32.4/31 no precip for the last couple hours. Decent accrual on trees.
f0727e63ce959cc3076cb60d09715602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back