• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

Light flurries earlier have turned to heavy sleet here in Franklin county AL, I know some models have show all snow like the GFS, some have been mixed like the nam and some like the HRRR have shown mostly all freezing rain. The QPF from the HRRR is concerning for here because it shows 0.5" of freezing rain QPF and we still have 0.4" of accretion on top of all tree branches. Our power was out over 7 hours Monday night. If we get another 0.25"+ of accretion on top of the current 0.4" accretion we could end up with over 0.65" of accretion which may knock out power out again, and maybe for a longer period.

This has been a fun chasing season for me. This will be my 9th and final chase of the season. You have to have a passion, patients and money LOL!! to do this type of stuff. It's time to focus on my family more and doing my outside activities in my yard. My wife and kids did go on a few chases with me to experience what I do. They actually enjoyed it.

This has been a fun chasing season for me. This will be my 9th and final chase of the season. You have to have a passion, patients and money LOL!! to do this type of stuff. It's time to focus on my family more and doing my outside activities in my yard. My wife and kids did go on a few chases with me to experience what I do. They actually enjoyed it.
More chases to come next winter ?

Do you chase tornadoes to or just winter weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that’s great I chased twice this season

Back