• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

To mid TN folks like @olhausen :

My niece wants to drive from Atlanta to Nashville tomorrow morning. I told her I thought that could be dangerous due to slippery roads and to instead go Fri, which she can do. But she'd rather not shorten the time there. I told her that I wasn't just worried about roads in Nash,. but maybe moreso the roads between Chat. and Nash. I recall a mountain ridge you have to go across.

Please give me opinions about whether or not I should tell her to wait til Fri. Also, will the drive be much better Fri morning? TIA!

My niece wants to drive from Atlanta to Nashville tomorrow morning. I told here I thought that could be dangerous due to slippery roads and to instead go Fri, which she can do. But she'd rather not shorten the time there. I told her that I wasn't just worried about roads in Nash,. but maybe moreso the roads between Chat. and Nash. I recall a mountain ridge you have to go across.

Please give me opinions about whether or not I should tell her to wait til Fri. Also, will the drive be much better Fri morning? TIA!
I would tell her to go tomorrow afternoon instead.

515bbda6ef64275ecb043665875ee00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My niece wants to drive from Atlanta to Nashville tomorrow morning. I told her I thought that could be dangerous due to slippery roads and to instead go Fri, which she can do. But she'd rather not shorten the time there. I told her that I wasn't just worried about roads in Nash,. but maybe moreso the roads between Chat. and Nash. I recall a mountain ridge you have to go across.

My local MET said travel to Nashville will be bad tonight and tomorrow

Interesting that they added the panhandle of Lancaster County to the WWA as well as York but not Union County. I don’t think I’ve ever seen only a small portion of a county added to any sort of advisory...
Two different CWA's. Lancaster county is 2 zones now, north and south. Union NC in the GSP CWA. Lancaster in CAE CWA.

Back