• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 17-19 Smastsmasher Snow/Ice

What I personally don’t like is lower dewpoints to our NE that’s going to be advected into CAD regions later, HRRR keeps lowering them up in that region towards go time

Well that's the current forecast so...

And forecasts are sometimes wrong. The models are showing more, but just saying I don't expect much this way. The forecasts are always going to be lower than what the models show anyway. That's just the name of the game.

What I personally don’t like is lower dewpoints to our NE that’s going to be advected into CAD regions later, HRRR keeps lowering them up in that region towards go time
For example, forget what’s happening here, what we should be watching is our “source” region 25F885DD-94B6-4CF8-A642-6006FA0AF7B8.gif

Dont laugh, okay go ahead, but TWC has the triangle out of the game for ice accrual. Their future radar show some fzrn, but accrual map no. It ends in a line from Asheboro to Burlington. Notta east and south of there.

Back