• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks almost like this in the summer.
uploaded.jpg
In NY, there is hardly any red and orange, but in the late summer there is in NC.

A couple of posters seem to forget we have this thread. Always posting the same sarcastic whining in the main thread.

I wish I could contribute something positive to this site for winter. But in all seriousness it's hard. I've been doing this for 12 years now and saw every type of setup fail us down here for the most part.

I really feel we are just scratching the surface with weather forecasting and its frustrating. But in the past 12 years I've only seen one thing mute the SER for any extended period of time and that's the -NAO. I really seems it's the only tele that can give us average or below average temps for an extended length of time in winter.

I'm not talking about snow. We just need the stars to align for it. The PNA and EPO can take care of that. But if we want to break the horrendous streak of AN temps anomalies in winter it appears we have to have the NAO. And it appears this is the only area of the country that depends on it and its refusal to be anything but positive in winter is frustrating.

Sad, JBs Saturday summary was bad, he is trying so hard to show cold but it isn’t there Joe( at least for the East). In summary : avg November, warm December.... I’ve seen this movie before. It ain’t good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The month is still over a month away but I feel good about our chances for an AN December for the ninth year in a row.

Sad, JBs Saturday summary was bad, he is trying so hard to show cold but it isn’t there Joe( at least for the East). In summary : avg November, warm December.... I’ve seen this movie before. It ain’t good.

I already know winter is going to be AN in the end so I'm not going to get myself hyped over a fantasy. I'm just going to be on the lookout for a good chance and take it a week at a time. After the great winter of 2010-11 we had 2 bad years here in a row before we got a decent hit again, so I'm going off the idea of a repeating pattern from the great 2017-18 here. 18-19 was our snowless year so I'll be happy if we get anything here even if it's ice.

I already know winter is going to be AN in the end so I'm not going to get myself hyped over a fantasy. I'm just going to be on the lookout for a good chance and take it a week at a time. After the great winter of 2010-11 we had 2 bad years here in a row before we got a decent hit again, so I'm going off the idea of a repeating pattern from the great 2017-18 here. 18-19 was our snowless year so I'll be happy if we get anything here even if it's ice.

We are way overdue for a good ice storm.

Not sure why a warm December is a bad thing. Doesn't mean it will be warm for January and February. And it doesn't usually snow around here in December anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back