• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I counter your mention of 2010 with September 2018 and the following winter. ;)
Lol yep. What happens this month in terms of weather doesn't impact us for winter. I'd look more toward November and see how our ENSO and other influences are doing plus the weather that month than September. The closer we get, the more impact the setups and driving patterns have on our season.

Since Raleigh got 4” and Wilkes got 0” that means I’m overdue for 4” of wintry qpf and Raleigh less snowy

This is Sept 89 in GSP. I chose that month because the infamous Hugo made landfall and figured the pattern had a lot of ridging in the se and over the Atlantic to steer it inland. Yet temps wasn't anything close to this crap we have to put up with nowadays. I remember back then September being a transition month. Some very hot days but only a few before it cooled down. This endless 90+ heat for the whole month anymore is ridiculous.Screenshot_20190906-161030_Chrome.jpg

It seems like, before 2016 or so, we often had several days with lows in the 50s by the end of September at RDU. We sometimes even had mornings with lows in the upper 40s. We would also occasionally get cooler rainy days with highs in the 60s. But the past three Septembers have all been just a slightly cooler version of August - highs in the upper 80s-90 with lows in the upper 60s-70.

It seems like, before 2016 or so, we often had several days with lows in the 50s by the end of September at RDU. We sometimes even had mornings with lows in the upper 40s. We would also occasionally get cooler rainy days with highs in the 60s. But the past three Septembers have all been just a slightly cooler version of August - highs in the upper 80s-90 with lows in the upper 60s-70.
Had a dove shoot in Ochlochnee, GA in the early 1980's over Labor Day (can't remember the year) - 1st phase ... we were wearing long shirts and turned on the gas heaters that night ... never know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back