• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Los Bravos, baby. Even Luke Jackson couldn’t munk that one up for us!
When they brought in Luke Jackson and he started giving up hits, I thought it was over. He needs to be sent back down. Kudos to Snick for taking him out. Greene is now showing his stuff. You guys are right about Dansby, he isn't ready. I'll say this.... if the Braves win sweep this series, it's a lock for the division. Very slim chance that a team can come back from being 11 games out with only 20 to play. Heck the Braves might just take the Nats out of the wild-card spot. That would be sweet revenge.

I’d expect Luke Jackson to be kept through at least spring training 2020 and even still be on the playoff roster unless he ends up back to his normal career ERA and Swarzak makes me look bad and eat my words (I wanted Swarzak flat out cut for O’Day and still would rather he simply be gone, it’s a cutthroat business, Swarzak might have been even more heroic than Luke before at times this year but at this point I no longer could give two flips about that).

Your other choice to go if you don’t want to see him ever again is just a bigger and taller Luke Jackson without relative 2019 success anyway and although he’s not had previous years of failure in MLB before this year, he really irritated me this year (or maybe I need to just take a chill pill on the two straight hit by pitches game like someone in that chat that gave me mental anguish said, which yes, that hung a blown save on the real Luke, but that and a few other games have led me to write off tall Luke Jackson) and yes strangely, I defended Luke a lot more than this guy anyway. Weird? Sure, but it’s true. I talked about the stuff not matching the results and well…the stuff not matching the results will also, sadly to me as of this year, keep the Tall Luke Jackson until he’s out of options.

So, yeah, to keep things shortened, the Braves like hot stuff and statcast darlings until it’s shown that they can’t translate it into good results. Sobotka (I’ll go ahead and give away the name now) may have flashed a good BB/9 in Gwinnett this year but given his history with command I think it’s wild in the strike zone now and his MLB results would differ.

I think AA deserves all the credit. After the Donaldson signing, I was confused by the non-action in the offseason because I would've preferred to make at least 1 more move (for a reliever) but he's made so many moves that have been impactful in-season.

Donaldson has ended up being a perfect fit and brought an attitude that has helped the team.

Outside of a few relievers (not Ottavino however given that he was always pinstripes bound), it was correct to ignore reliever free agency.

He brought in three relievers with command when the hot stuff guys didn't state their case to be relied on.

Then with the injuries, he took advantage of the waiver wire and there have been impacts from Hamilton and Cervelli.

Also, Antonio Brown got released. I know he's been a bit of a diva but holy POOP. Flat released.

Here I go. I'm going to watch Ohio State. Very prepared to be salty.

Wish Georgia was playing now so I didn't have to and could watch Texas A&M vs Clemson in peace.

Outside a couple defensive plays and the pick 6 by the backup, very good day for Georgia. Pickens might already be a stud.

But Tennessee....oh Tennessee....just...wow. Actually had that game bagged until Alontae Taylor got lost. Good grief...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back