• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got suspended a week at American for saying it is dead there and I am at another board with a lot more traffic. But I doubt the 10 people that post there now will notice.

Brick,
Ouch, now that's a cut lol. But I bet that most, if not all, of the 10 people that post there are also here at least as readers and some, like yourself, post at both. It isn't like we're totally separate groups.
I think the key is that the staff here treats members as so much more valuable as opposed to how members (some of whom are the same folks as I said) are treated there overall. Over there, the staff treats members as being privileged to post there. In that regard, there's something about the atmosphere there that is not exactly inviting like it is here. It seems very cliquish. I don't sense much, if any, cliquishness here at least yet. I still say that a lot of that has bled over from the nasty political forum there. Possibly related to this, I think the overall board got too big for its britches.

Last edited:
Brick,
Ouch, now that's a cut lol. But I bet that most, if not all, of the 10 people there are also here at least as readers and some, like yourself, post at both. It isn't like we're totally separate groups.
I think the key is that the staff here treats members as so much more valuable as opposed to how members (some of whom are the same folks as I said) are treated there overall. Over there, the staff treats members as being privileged to post there. In that regard, there's something about the atmosphere there that is not exactly inviting like it is here. I still say that a lot of that has bled over from the nasty political forum there.
I think what happened is that the overall board got too big for its britches.
Thanks for the kind words. We believe it's our privilege to have everyone here since it's your choice to be here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And the only reason I said what I did is because someone else made a comment about how dead it was and asked where I have been. So, I answered.

Brick,
Ouch, now that's a cut lol. But I bet that most, if not all, of the 10 people that post there are also here at least as readers and some, like yourself, post at both. It isn't like we're totally separate groups.
I think the key is that the staff here treats members as so much more valuable as opposed to how members (some of whom are the same folks as I said) are treated there overall. Over there, the staff treats members as being privileged to post there. In that regard, there's something about the atmosphere there that is not exactly inviting like it is here. It seems very cliquish. I don't sense much, if any, cliquishness here at least yet. I still say that a lot of that has bled over from the nasty political forum there. Possibly related to this, I think the overall board got too big for its britches.
I would have never provided my materials to a Wiki "over there" ... for what little bit that is worth ... :eek:

Your work on the wiki here (along with Forsyth’s) should never be minimized. The time and effort spent on it is commendable and selfless.
Shhhh ... not ever looking for thanks (just enjoy sharing with folks who don't have an agenda) ... plus FS is the brains ...

@GeorgiaGirl Max Fried with 7 innings of 1 hit ball tonight ?

He made Soto look silly tonight. Soto is usually just sick vs LHP which is amazing for his age and he struck out 3 times, only the 2nd time he's done so vs a LHP starter, the other being Ryu. Great company for this year.

I also learned that the only hit tonight is an infield hit so far (please no jinx). A shame, but the coaching staff might be thankful for that?

I've said so a few times and will again. Next year is Fried's put together year I think.

Edit: Ah I might have half jinxed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back