• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
fd6d77af8febd5250daecbc1e1d19857.jpg

Our mega Large Snowstorm is still showing up! YES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bouta have a Nats-Cards NLCS with a lot of **** given to the two hosts of the LDS, with the Braves getting it more.

Actually, idk, but it's the Braves that are in a lot more trouble here. I said 5 wouldn't surprise me but it wouldn't surprise if this team was broken by today.

Post season Dodgers suck. I enjoyed the '88 WS, I'll continue to cherish that moment will be the last one ever

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I also cherish 1988, but for a different reason. I'll let you all guess what that is. Hint..... January 7

I'll be surprised if Buehler doesn't start a Wednesday but if Strasburg replicates in some kind of way and Washington magically comes up with a starter in the pen that works again or gets good pen work outside 2 guys (Doolittle and Hudson), I might get really surprised and then be all miserable and all unless the Braves can win.

Can somebody point me towards the ultra long range CFS that shows December fantasy snows? I want to laugh.

We bouta have a Nats-Cards NLCS with a lot of **** given to the two hosts of the LDS, with the Braves getting it more.

Actually, idk, but it's the Braves that are in a lot more trouble here. I said 5 wouldn't surprise me but it wouldn't surprise if this team was broken by today.
They've definitely had their issues in the playoffs. I'm really hoping they can get the "monkey off their backs" tomorrow. I really like Foltynewicz. He seems like the Smoltz type pitcher they need. Even if they win tomorrow, they'll have a huge challenge winning the WS. Houston or NY are truly monster teams. Braves need one more big bat, ace pitcher, and top closer.

The thought of the Braves even have a chance to win 1 game vs the Yanks or Astros is laughable. They swept the Twins and the Twins won 101 games !

Not to discredit the Yankees entirely and say the Braves (or other teams outside of maybe an "on" Dodgers in the NL) would have a shot, but here are some AL Central numbers and stuff to chew on:

Twins (101 wins): 47-16 against the Tigers (arguably the worst Tigers team since 2003), White Sox (improved and feisty at times but still not great and mostly had poor pitching), Royals (not quite as bad as the Tigers but still bad), and Orioles (disastrous pitching this year). Lost series to everybody except the Marlins in the NL East. Only won 2 season series against two current playoff teams, and both were close if you look at runs scored. Great offense but a high reliance on the home run ball. Fairly mediocre pitching.

I wouldn't have predicted them to get swept, but they're now on a very long losing streak when they even make the postseason in some capacity. Minnesota is worse than Atlanta when it comes to sports I believe. FS1 showed the graphic about their playoff history in all pro sports a few times and it was striking.

Then you have the Indians who apparently were well below .500 against most .500+ teams and yet they got to 93 wins.

AL Central turned out to have two fraudzards at the top of their standings because of how bad the Tigers and Royals were this year (Royals won the season series against Atlanta, but you know, sometimes stuff happens).

That said, like I said above, I actually followed the Dodgers series fairly closely against the Yankees (since football wasn't on yet) and I'm dubious that even they'd beat them. Heck, I keep saying the Dodgers will likely eventually prevail against Washington but I'm much less certain now. If you pitch them well you can silence their lineup, and although the Dodgers did find a way to win that game, I saw CC SABATHIA get...I want to say 8 Ks on that lineup in a short start.

I'm really hoping that the Yankees being the first to close out isn't a sign, but unfortunately it might be if Houston can't take them. I can take Houston winning again but I'll be a little mad if its the Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back