• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again, Cam out with foot injury. He's washed up already, Panthers should've found a better backup, oh well time to tank and start over next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The backups cant do any worse than Newton has. But I agree, they'll tank and Rivera will get canned as well.

Word is the Panthers could have a new coaching staff and a new QB next season. They should have traded Cam a couple years ago instead of making him play with a bum shoulder. He's not effective if he doesn't run, and he doesn't run anymore. He's not accurate enough to be a pocket passer.

They could release him at the end of the season and get the QB from Oregon according to this mock draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ces-cam-newton-six-wide-receivers-in-round-1/
Lol. I’m not sure we want to build our franchise around Justin Herbert.. Cam is definitely not in charlotte next year. Neither is Rivera. And if we plan on tanking for the undeniable best QB in the draft next year, Trevor Lawrence, we’ll have do part ways with Christian Mccaffery. And I feel some type of way about that. I just want a pocket passer. These dual threat guys have such a short lifespan in the NFL. They’re just a flash in the pan

Lol. I’m not sure we want to build our franchise around Justin Herbert.. Cam is definitely not in charlotte next year. Neither is Rivera. And if we plan on tanking for the undeniable best QB in the draft next year, Trevor Lawrence, we’ll have do part ways with Christian Mccaffery. And I feel some type of way about that. I just want a pocket passer. These dual threat guys have such a short lifespan in the NFL. They’re just a flash in the pan

Yeah, cam was hyped up to be like M. Vick, but he was something special, maybe lamar J could be similar, but man even Taylor h would of been good if we didn’t cut him, we’ll see what Kyle Allen or maybe will Grier can do, are receivers was getting hella seperation at times last week but cam couldn’t throw for sh*t, imagine if those throws were made

Yeah, cam was hyped up to be like M. Vick, but he was something special, maybe lamar J could be similar, but man even Taylor h would of been good if we didn’t cut him, we’ll see what Kyle Allen or maybe will Grier can do, are receivers was getting hella seperation at times last week but cam couldn’t throw for sh*t, imagine if those throws were made
Grier has some potential, some work, some experience a little protection and he might work. I'm sure his completion % to those open receivers would be every bit as good as Cam's. Sorry Cam writing is on the wall

Bring Trubitsky back to NC where he slings!

Grier has some potential, some work, some experience a little protection and he might work. I'm sure his completion % to those open receivers would be every bit as good as Cam's. Sorry Cam writing is on the wall

Ima go ahead and say, I appreciate cam for what he has done for Carolina, I think he’s pretty much done, even if It meant no rings, man that one season (15-16) had me all happy, ima miss those QB read option plays that don’t exist under norv turner, lol

I'd be thrilled with that

I spent a few minutes today looking at the long range models and some of the long range forecasts sites. All point to the beginning of October to some kind of pattern change. Nothing cold but normal temperatures. Heck they could all be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. Just wishfully hoping they are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not going to get too discouraged in regards to how hot or cold it is until we get into November. Besides the foliage, I’m more driven towards the first model fantasy storm. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to have a cool fall, however when we get to summer I’ll probably complain more about how crappy the winter was, not Autumn.

I thought we just had a pattern change to hot and dry. Maybe it will stick around a bit longer.

How the MJO looking? Can’t wait to watch that train wreck this winter. Last year

The MJO at the moment is encouraging. We currently have a positive IOD phase because of the cool waters around Indonesia. This reduces convection in that area which reduces the chance of us getting into phases 4,5,6 of the MJO. Which are the worst and warmest phases.

Edit: I retract my statement. Yes the phases 4,5,6 are less likely, however during the fall months this is what the phase affects look like, centers in September.
B351A210-734B-4BDE-94F2-3B2D985DEB79.png
We currently are favored to go into phases 8 and 1, which would be relieving during the winter. However during the fall the implications aren’t beautiful with a ridge along the east and southeast. Though If the + IOD sticks around through winter, we may be in business.

Last edited:
Do you think we could nuke this ridge for a pattern change? just joking. I really hope this crappy weather moves along soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back