• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I got to about 5'10 in middle school and was about the tallest kid there... now i'm 6' as a HS junior and everyone's taller than me.
Lol, he just started 7th grade. He’s been 99.9% on height charts since birth! Will probably be 6’8”-6’10” , per his pediatrician!?
I’m 6’7” ish

5”8 185 and that’s tall for my family tree. Dad is 5”5 and my mom is 4”11 so I had to gain muscle to even have a chance in sports. Steroids are your friend when you short and skinny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol! I’m not sure what happened to me? Mom was 5’2” and dad 6’1”, his mom was 4’9” lol!

I'm 5'7" and probably close to 150. Not bad except for I have scoliosis and don't have the biggest frame, so I have a noticeable belly, and while I'm not as self conscious about it, that sucked in my younger teen days.

There was a point where I hated being a taller than normal female. Now when I think about it, I would sometimes like to not have scoliosis and have an inch or maybe a bit more instead for cosmetic reasons. It's not BAD scoliosis where surgery is needed, but it definitely took at least an inch away from my final height.

Now if I wanted to actually look slim, I'd have to likely lose 20 pounds. That's not happening. There was a point where when I didn't snack, I dropped slightly below 140, but I slowly regained that.

I'm at 6'1", thanks to scoliosis spinal fusion surgery giving me an inch when I was 17. I've gained some pounds working in an office unfortunately, although I do work out. I'm around 185 last I checked. I was skinny as a rail through college.

What’s the most cavities your dentist has found in one trip I just had 9

My embarrassing thing teeth wise is I can't use traditional floss. It's not that I haven't tried, I've tried plenty and dental people along with probably my dad have tried to teach me, but it's never gotten through to me. My hands just don't get it, and I'm generally normal with ability to do anything else.

So, I water floss instead and have for the past couple of years, but am always left worried that this is not enough, especially since a hygentist told me I had gingivitis once (last time I went there was no comment though). Getting braces was probably also a mistake for me outside of the expander getting just enough room for my wisdom teeth to come in without it being a huge pain (I'll probably eventually need to lose them tho). When I look at the mold for my retainer, I realize that my struggles with cleaning my teeth with them, started wrecking my bottom permanent front teeth pretty early. They were a bit more worn down than you'd think for a then fourteen year old years ago.

Idk. Maybe I'll eventually figure out traditional floss but it's not likely.

My 5 year old daughter told me this morning she has a boyfriend in class. Pashhhh.
47bec4e01fc3c05826846b219518e857.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah in DJF I'll quite possibly be using this thread to complain about how job searching is hard again because of me approaching 2 years with no breakthrough on a job search, although I'll be volunteering soon and see if that helps me with getting another word. So get ready for that.

Edit: Seriously though (why is me pressing enter on my laptop starting to have me send posts on forums), if there was one thing I had to suggest to a current upperclassman high schooler, enjoy these years (going into early college too) but please, don't totally goof off entirely and ignore even being able to volunteer or shadow in what you think you're passionate about. I've talked with my mom and we think I've done it all backwards, and it's because my dad said "school is your work" and "don't work for free". So, I mostly goofed off in high school entirely. It's not that I didn't put up good grades, but all I did was school. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back