• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
13-14 wasn't that long ago, although crud...now that I'm thinking it really was (6 years ago). Then 17-18 was another significant winter except oops...it wasn't a full hit for some areas. If that winter had just one more storm that hit those certain areas, it would be viewed along the lines of 13-14 to me even though it didn't have as ridiculous of cold snaps. And for some it still is anyway because they were in those areas that got hit (twice for some).

Would say we're due, but crud, we might really not be. 10-11...13-14...17-18 (for a good portion of the southeast except)...then 21-22 for real banner winters?

Maybe by then I'll be back in North Georgia. If I do have to return to school, I'll probably pair finishing that second program with moving out at some point after that.

This look ticks me off. 144 to the end of the run. Our -NAO has migrated to Montana. Congrats to the SW on another banner winter!

Folks I’m still here don’t worry I can increase my postings as warranted

13-14 wasn't that long ago, although crud...now that I'm thinking it really was (6 years ago). Then 17-18 was another significant winter except oops...it wasn't a full hit for some areas. If that winter had just one more storm that hit those certain areas, it would be viewed along the lines of 13-14 to me even though it didn't have as ridiculous of cold snaps. And for some it still is anyway because they were in those areas that got hit (twice for some).

Would say we're due, but crud, we might really not be. 10-11...13-14...17-18 (for a good portion of the southeast except)...then 21-22 for real banner winters?

Maybe by then I'll be back in North Georgia. If I do have to return to school, I'll probably pair finishing that second program with moving out at some point after that.
Really Augusta to Columbia was the only areas I can think of in the SE that didn’t get in on the Winter of 17-18. The 3rd of Jan storm stopped 30 miles East of Columbia and probably similar to Augusta. Then 2 weeks later, Columbia was stuck on the warm side. Richland County has not been under a Winter storm watch or warning since Mid February of 2014. That Jan 3rd 2018 storm, I bought into that sudden NW 2000 like unexpected storm shift so much, but she just never made it. Would of been a beauty with how cold it was. Glad the coast got hit though.

Really Augusta to Columbia was the only areas I can think of in the SE that didn’t get in on the Winter of 17-18. The 3rd of Jan storm stopped 30 miles East of Columbia and probably similar to Augusta. Then 2 weeks later, Columbia was stuck on the warm side. Richland County has not been under a Winter storm watch or warning since Mid February of 2014. That Jan 3rd 2018 storm, I bought into that sudden NW 2000 like unexpected storm shift so much, but she just never made it. Would of been a beauty with how cold it was. Glad the coast got hit though.
With you living in Columbia I would expect most of your time this winter being right here in the wamby thread!!

With you living in Columbia I would expect most of your time this winter being right here in the wamby thread!!
Probably will be, not many people on here from this area so not a lot of people can relate. But I assure you, if anyone gets shafted more, it’s us down here. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back