• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
It scooted just S of the gulf states in the GOM, crossed N FL, up off the SC/ NC coast, was weak 1004-8 pressures in the gulf, iirc?
Okay, thanks. I remember it moving west to east along the gulf, but i didnt remember it moving northward. Did it pivot and throw moisture back into nc as it moved up, or did the snowfall cut off?

Okay, thanks. I remember it moving west to east along the gulf, but i didnt remember it moving northward. Did it pivot and throw moisture back into nc as it moved up, or did the snowfall cut off?
Look up Memphis snowstorm Jan 6-7 on YouTube, good stuff there

The snowiest 5 weeks I ever experienced in my lifetime...in Winston-Salem. Would love for my kids to see a period like this just once in there life.

View attachment 26253View attachment 26254View attachment 26255

It's been 10 years since we've had a good solid winter with more than one decent storm to track. We're due....I hope.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking about all the discussions we've had each winter about "oh I wish we had a -NAO". Now that we may actually get it this winter, the EPO goes positive and PNA goes negative. Wouldn't that be great...?:confused::(

It's been 10 years since we've had a good solid winter with more than one decent storm to track. We're due....I hope.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking about all the discussions we've had each winter about "oh I wish we had a -NAO". Now that we may actually get it this winter, the EPO goes positive and PNA goes negative. Wouldn't that be great...?:confused::(
If the MJO and WPO behave, yes indeed ...

This was last year, had a nice NAO block about the same time as this year. The SE got a nice winter storm...after that it wasn’t pretty. I have a feeling any NAO will be short lived once Dec rolls around and we will be relying on the pac to deliver cold. Persistence for the loss.

09D255C2-397D-4FF4-96A0-0B7BF45EFE88.gif

HAAAAAAAA!
1575460800-CXatjphq4eo.png
1575460800-23lxUEpSc98.png

This was last year, had a nice NAO block about the same time as this year. The SE got a nice winter storm...after that it wasn’t pretty. I have a feeling any NAO will be short lived once Dec rolls around and we will be relying on the pac to deliver cold. Persistence for the loss.

View attachment 26263
Walmart monopoly for ser

is it actually gonna get cold or will it just trend warmer again :p
Brent,
It's gonna do both, so no need to be overly concerned on that level ... when, where, how and why on either score, now that's one worth a Texas beer, some BBQ, and a hearty discussion ... :cool:

View attachment 26263
Yes it was but us i-20 folks got shafted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back