• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
would anyone be interested in paying for a $5 monthly subscription to southernwx to sit in and listen in on a discord/private google hangout with select Mets including web and others for 1 hour/week?with occasional bonus video during storm threats
Absolutely! Just run it by @SD . He will love it I’m sure of it

There's something really peaceful about Christmas lights. I don't know if it's the warm glow of the different colors, as they dance against the darkness of the evening or if it's the cheerful spirit of the season. But no matter what kind of day it has been, when you watch them come to life, a unique kind of quiet joy just seems to melt the frustrations of life away.

There are a certain style, I think called some lights, that make circles on the ceiling. They're really neat. Anyway, I love Christmas lights.

20191119_225445.jpg

There's something really peaceful about Christmas lights. I don't know if it's the warm glow of the different colors, as they dance against the darkness of the evening or if it's the cheerful spirit of the season. But no matter what kind of day it has been, when you watch them come to life, a unique kind of quiet joy just seems to melt the frustrations of life away.

There are a certain style, I think called some lights, that make circles on the ceiling. They're really neat. Anyway, I love Christmas lights.

View attachment 26227
Same. My outside decorations have been up since the first week in November. I have a collection of inflatables, lights, strobes, flagpole trees. Literally the works. I overdo it and I love it. It brings me great joy and my toddler absolutely loves it. I would post a picture but I don’t want big brother knowing where I live ? bc it’s a dead giveaway. Maybe one day

View attachment 26227
I just started setting mine up yesterday and plan on doing a little more today as well.

I just started setting mine up yesterday and plan on doing a little more today as well.
Put a good chunk of mine up on Saturday and it was the first time in years I was actually cold because of the wind and cooler temps, it was great. Made the investment in "Twinkly" Leds for when I buy my tree this year. If you haven't seen them they are pretty awesome but pricey for freaking tree lights. Anybody do trains? I've been building up a village for a few years but some people build some crazy things....wish I had the time.

Last edited:
I was honestly starting to wonder if we would ever have a legit -NAO in wintertime ever again, lmao ?

I am hoping and looking forward to a more traditional Winter this year with Winter weather threats in Jan and Feb. Seems like when it's like that, we get hit down here in the Midlands. Of course, I wouldn't mind a December winterstorm, it just seems so unrealistic down here.

Does anyone have the storm map from the Jan 1988 southern snowstorm? Can't remember the track of the LP on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back