Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to have this thread, then it should be used. Instead, I keep seeing posts in the regular threads, and people ending them with things like, "But we know that won't happen," or "But it'll end up failing somehow." That crap belongs in here.
Why is it that last year you were the only person that had issues with how the board was ran now its already the same thing again?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8d9b65c8ce8972a3455580852efbfea6.jpg

January 13th! Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epic cold! Get your heat pumps ready, they can’t handle that and they will need to be tip top for the next 3 months AC use!View attachment 25579

I don’t know about SC but here it’s going to be some pretty big departures from normal. My average high is 63 and my avg low is 39 so on average the next 10 days will be 13-15 degrees below normal. Considering the fact I’ve only been above normal one day out of the last 7 I’d say this pattern is nothing to sneeze at.

9268010609c40e65be5019925743ff2f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold predictions for Dumpster Fire December:
  • Mean temperature slightly warmer than November
  • Greater than +5°F above average
  • Average high for the month above 60°F for RDU, ATL, GSP and CLT.
  • Most of the urban centers do not have a low temperature below 25°F.
  • No snow at all east of I-85. Not even a flizzard.
  • There will be a day with widespread record high temperatures across the SE US at some point during the month, with many areas reaching the mid-upper 70s reaching 80 in isolated areas.
  • Cooler than 2015, but not by much!

Bold predictions for Dumpster Fire December:
  • Mean temperature slightly warmer than November
  • Greater than +5°F above average
  • Average high for the month above 60°F for RDU, ATL, GSP and CLT.
  • Most of the urban centers do not have a low temperature below 25°F.
  • No snow at all east of I-85. Not even a flizzard.
  • There will be a day with widespread record high temperatures across the SE US at some point during the month, with many areas reaching the mid-upper 70s reaching 80 in isolated areas.
  • Cooler than 2015, but not by much!
I'm going to go with 74 @ GSO for Christmas.

Sorry to say I'm too young to remember... what're these from?
The good old days! Back when TWC used to be good. It's actually decent now, but they went through a period of major sucktitude. Those were some of the local forecast graphics. Definitely early and mid-90s...not sure when they changed them. Probably late 90s. They played cool music, especially at Christmas, and had good graphics for Local on the 8s.

The good old days! Back when TWC used to be good. It's actually decent now, but they went through a period of major sucktitude. Those were some of the local forecast graphics. Definitely early and mid-90s...not sure when they changed them. Probably late 90s. They played cool music, especially at Christmas, and had good graphics for Local on the 8s.
TWC has been all about those clicks for my entire life, essentially

Very nice! Had zoysia at my old house and loved it. If it didn't cost so much it would be my go to

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It really is a nice grass, but as you mentioned, it's super expensive compared to other options. It's also got a higher shade tolerance than most warm season grasses. I'm working on getting fescue seed put down in my back yard since there's too much shade for every other grass and we need something to hold the ground in place. It seems to be going well so far. Seed is far cheaper and easier to apply than sod.

Local weather icons get increasingly worse as time progresses. These will never ever ever ever be topped. In fact, they should just quit trying to be clever and go back to this:

View attachment 25591 View attachment 25593 View attachment 25594 View attachment 25595

They could bring those back in high resolution too and they would look absolutely fine. Maybe bubble em' out a little bit to go with modern standards of course. Use some white gradients for highlights etc.

Reactions: Rain Cold and pcbjr
Status
Not open for further replies.